Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retake ?

mike811881mike811881 Alum Member
edited October 2014 in General 13 karma
I am grateful to have received a 166 yesterday. I have studied mostly full time since my 138 diagnostic in March. However, my RC was still -10 on the test. Sadly this is not unusual for me. I would be willing to put in another few months of work to cut this number down and get 170. Problem is I'm starting to think there is no way of improving this section for me. Has anyone ever been stuck at this level for RC for this amount of time and have been able to improve substantially? Also adding into my problem is an extreme lack of prep tests as I burned through preptests 10-72.

Comments

• carreno.katecarreno.kate Alum Member
    135 karma
    I'm in the same boat! I missed 9 in RC, the lower end of my usual range, and 9 more throughout the rest of the exam. I have decided not to retake as I am out of prep materials. I am redirecting my energies towards the things I still have control over, i.e. personal statement. Our scores are respectable, and should open plenty of doors for us!
  • pjanderson5pjanderson5 Free Trial Member
    238 karma
    I'm in the same boat, man. RC has been a section where I consistently get 8-12 wrong. After I took some time off before getting my grade, I took a PT and scored -6. Approach reading comp from a different way from what you are doing. For me, I was trying to analyze too closesly and end up reading very slow and getting stuck on a few sentences. Look at the big picture, discern whether something is background, main point, support, conflicting point, or authors opinion!