Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Answer key strategy:wait to fill it in?

jessicalaurynjessicalauryn Alum Member
in General 37 karma

Hi guys! I've been taking practice LSATs at 168 with a BR score of 173. I'm trying to improve timing so I can get to that higher score. I just read something that said people wait to the end of a section to fill in the answer sheet. Whereas I just fill it in after every question I complete. I'd really appreciate your insights about whether waiting to fill it in saves you time or whether it increases error rate in the transfer process? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

For RC, i would bubble my answers after I finished the passage. 4x

For LG, I would bubble my answers after I finished each game. 4x

For LR, I would bubble my answers before I actually turned the page over.

• jessicalaurynjessicalauryn Alum Member
    37 karma

Oh that's a really interesting approach, because it seems like the best of both worlds. More efficient and yet still bubbling in when it's fresh. Great insight, thank you!

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

No problem! Basically, my strategy came down to just filling in answers before I flipped each page. It just so happens that each page flip is one reading passage or one logic game.

I would also fill in 3 answers at a time before looking back at the test. As in, I would finish the reading passage questions, quickly look at answers 1-3, then fill in those 3 on the bubble sheet quickly before returning to memorize 4-6 and repeat. I never had a problem filling in the wrong bubbles.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

At first, I was bubbling in every question during LR, and then I switched to the same technique that @"mickey.caleb" described, and I found it far more efficient! Good luck! :smile:

• jessicalaurynjessicalauryn Alum Member
    37 karma

Oh gosh this is super helpful! Thanks guys!!