Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September score ambivalence

captainoatscaptainoats Alum Member
edited October 2014 in General 16 karma
So I got a 161 on the September LSAT. Does anyone have advice for improving for the next test? I only took two prep tests before I wrote the actual test. Should I just write a bunch of prep tests and blind review? And should I go for the December test or the February test? Thank you so much!

Comments

• captainoatscaptainoats Alum Member
    16 karma
    I'm in Canada by the way, and have a high GPA, so I only need about a 165 to feel good about getting into the top schools here.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Wow, 161 with only two prep tests? I'd say you have so much more room for improvement if you choose to retake. 161 is still a pretty good score!
  • captainoatscaptainoats Alum Member
    16 karma
    Yeah, I'd practiced games a bit (-5 in that section) but never really focused on RC or LR (-7 in RC and -6 and -8 in LR). Should I just focus on prep tests? How many do you think I should aim to write? Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate it!
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    From what I'm familiar with, doing prep tests is the best way to increase score because you're putting yourself into test situations under time pressure. If you're retaking in December, I would say take as many prep tests as you can and do blind review for each one. I think JY recommended that you don't exceed three prep tests a week or you'll experience burn out. If there's sections which you're most vulnerable, maybe take older PTs and drill those sections in between your PTs. If you're taking December PT, probably do the most recent PTs. I'm starting from PT 55 to 73; three PTs a week, and I'm taking December exam.