Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WL resolution?

tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member

So I'm on 9 waitlists right now, wondering when they start moving typically? My understanding is that may 1 is a big day for deposits, so lots of schools are getting an idea for who's committing or not and therefore, in theory, should be letting some waitlisters in soon?

Has anyone gotten in off a waitlist yet this cycle? Or have experience from past years and want to chime in??

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I saw a few folks on LSN got in Cornell off the WL in like February which seems super weird. A couple people backed that up on LSL. I guess it was folks in NYC area that had in-person WL interviews and they let them in on the spot. So they must have been super borderline.

Otherwise, I haven't heard of much WL movement. Michigan stated on their website that their class is full with deposits so they don't expect any movement. They're going to release people from the WL soon to keep it small.

I'm guessing it'll be in the next week or 2 that people will start shifting around and schools will trim down the list if they are pretty full, like Mich.