Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Question Type Analysis/Review? via Analytics?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

Hey all,

I know many ppl use the Analytics feature to breakdown their LR sections and see which LR question types are giving them the most trouble.

Does anyone do this Question type analysis breakdown for RC questions?

I've realized I get a lot of the InferAuthorPerspective and strengthen/weaken and analogy RC questions wrong.

Do ppl look at which Question types for RC they constantly get wrong, and then try to improve on them?

Any advice for how to do that -- how to find which RC question types they have most trouble on -- and how to work on improving them?

Would love any advice/feedback/comments regarding this topic, and in general just how to review past RC mistakes, identify patterns in RC mistakes, and how to outline concrete steps to not make those mistakes/improve in RC. Thanks so much.

Comments

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

I definitely find it helpful to review which RC question types I seem to be struggling with. It helps enormously in RC to have a set of strategies and rules in mind when approaching different types of questions, so knowing which one's you're having difficulties with is critical to helping you refine your strategies.

A helpful place to start is watching this webinar - https://7sage.com/webinar/jimmy-rc-qt/

I use Evernote for writing up explanations of questions that I got wrong, with a note dedicated to each question type. At the top of the note I have a description of my attack strategy, including details that are important to keep in mind when approaching the question type. When I get a question wrong, I write out my explanation in the note and then review my strategy to make alterations and/or examine where I went wrong. Something that I've been trying to make a better habit of is recording myself when doing timed sections to that I have a better sense of whether I was effectively following my strategy. At first I thought is was kinda ridiculous, but it's been very helpful.

Good luck!

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

i track all my incorrects in onenote. and return to them frequently and if i find they are similar question types i group them together. Similarly i also write strategies or "take-aways" from the mistakes.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma