Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What makes 5 star RC Passages/Questions? And how to overcome?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

General question on what makes a 5 star RC passage/question.

What are the cookie cutters for tough RC questions and passages? And any advice on how to expect these difficulties and get better at them?

So the next time one sees a 5 star RC passage/question, it won't feel too hard and it feels expected (like I've done this before so it's not too bad!)

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited June 2018 1804 karma

There are cookie cutters for RC passages - narratives, evaluations, speculations, etc. But cookie cutters for 5-star passages specifically... I highly doubt it. They come in all kinds of forms and topics.

Different people find different topics and terminologies challenging; some people might internally swear incessantly while tackling certain 2-star passages, while others might breeze through some 5-star passages. And a variety of factors go into it too. Level of details, questions whose correct answer can be deduced from 1-2 words only, etc. In fact, there was at least one passage designed to confuse people who like to anticipate - the maize passage.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I agree with @FixedDice, and also, I think part of it is the number of people who missed the question when the test was administered.