Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to treat PT 72?

JohnnyKarateJohnnyKarate Member
in General 157 karma

On my second PT (PT 71) I got a 161. I was feeling good, though understanding I needed improvement, but overall still feeling good about the progress I'm making. Then I move on to PT 72. Ummmm....holy hell. That RC section was ridiculous. I mean, I understand the difficulty varies from test to test and section to section, but it seemed like 72 was almost anomalous in its difficulty. I looked it up online in different forums and it seemed like that was the general consensus. Did anyone else take this PT?

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Per 7Sage, PT72's RC difficulty is 2 out of 5. I understand where you are coming from though. Especially the last passage.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 782 karma

You'll find sections like that that just wreck you. Remember the difficulty is entirely subjective. Even if something's a "2 star" doesn't mean it isn't a 16 star for you. Treat it like a learning opportunity. Were your misses concentrated on a specific passage or two? If so what did they have in common? Was RC the third section instead of the first? Maybe it's just an endurance issue.

I have a list of passages that gave me trouble. Most of them are written something like "PT 63, Passage 4." There are three or four, though, that I exasperatedly typed in all bold/caps/italics "PT 44 - the entire ******* thing" (unedited of course). Those are sections I've printed out 3+ times and redone either timed or untimed, and that's where the progress happens.

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

PT72's RC section for me was a -9 taken a month and 3 days ago. My average has been a -4.6 since then. I feel your pain, bro. Given analytics, it might just be something we're both subjectively bad at.