Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Reasoning Overall Help

kpanekpane Member
edited June 2018 in Logical Reasoning 17 karma

Hello everyone,

I have been crushing it lately in Logic Games when I do timed sections/tests, but can't seem to improve at all on LR. I am thinking of going back through most of the LR curriculum, but I wanted to hear from you all on your tips and tricks to consistently get better at LR over time. I am currently averaging -14 per LR. I would truly appreciate any type of help as I am most likely going to consistently drill in my head how to get better at LR before July and most likely when I take the test again in September.

Thanks!

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    edited June 2018 905 karma

Hey , that’s great that you are nailing down the lg section . For lr I had to go through the cc a few times to get lr to click . How much time you put into lr depends on what you are pting rn and what your target score is . For me the biggest thing was after doing the pt I went through the sections looked at my reasoning for the answers and my thought process . Then I watched the explanations that jy does for them - recognize the patterns and areas you are getting wrong and figure out why you are getting them wrong . With the score you are getting rn I would recommend reviewing cc lr - again your strategy depends on your target score / when you’re writing the lsat . Repetition and Lsat go hand and hand . Edit just saw you wrote July test , try to do as much possible with what I said above but keep in mind you may have to re write in sept depending on what you are aiming for

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@kpane said:
    Hello everyone,

I have been crushing it lately in Logic Games when I do timed sections/tests, but can't seem to improve at all on LR. I am thinking of going back through most of the LR curriculum, but I wanted to hear from you all on your tips and tricks to consistently get better at LR over time. I am currently averaging -14 per LR. I would truly appreciate any type of help as I am most likely going to consistently drill in my head how to get better at LR before July and most likely when I take the test again in September.

Thanks!

Congrats on LG! What does you current blind review process look like for LR?

• kpanekpane Member
    17 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" I currently take timed sections and then review what I got right and wrong. Then I will watch the videos as to why I got the question wrong!

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@kpane said:
    @"paulmv.benthem" I currently take timed sections and then review what I got right and wrong. Then I will watch the videos as to why I got the question wrong!

I think the general advice you'll find on these forums is that you'll want to dedicate more time to working through the questions your answered incorrectly (or struggled with). When I began studying LR, I, too, would review the questions I got wrong, but unless I forced myself to type out an analysis of the question and choices, it was too easy to rush the review process and tell myself, "Yeah, I get it now, won't happen again..." But, it always happened again, with similar questions.

Now, whenever I get a question wrong in LR, I type out the stimulus, it's argumentative structure, and a brief analysis explaining why each question is correct or wrong (approx 25min). If I still cannot confidently explain which answer is correct during this process, then I will watch J.Y.'s video. Otherwise, I will only watch his video after I've already engaged in some rigorous thought about the question. Doing this sort of thorough review helps to build understanding, which leads to greater confidence and efficiency.

The degree of improvement you see in LR will likely follow the degree of effort you put into review. Hope this helps!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe postpone for a September take. I also think it'll help to write what occurred when you were working on it in the comments sections under the questions. Then mentors and people who completed the questions before can chime in. Also, don't give up. LR is learnable and improve-able.