Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT score dropped a month out

hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
in General 973 karma

Hi all, just feeling a little frustrated today. I'm taking the July LSAT, and today's PT came out 3 points lower than my last one. I also haven't been doing as hot on some other sections in the past few days.

Part of me knows that it's just an off day, and these things fluctuate, and it's about the overall picture, not the individual data points. But at the same time, I'm feeling really annoyed and frustrated. How do you all get back from off days like that? Or, alternatively, should I actually be concerned?

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Hey,

I know right now it probably seems like a lot but 3 points isn't that bad. I think you could possibly be burn out, maybe try taking a few days or a week off. I've noticed that quite a few people, as they get closer to the test date, tend to have at least one score below their average. Of course, it should be taken as a lesson so you figure out what to fix for the next one: timing, overconfidence, etc. But I don't think it's neccesarily something to panic about. You got this! Sending good vibes your way.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

@keets993 said:

I know right now it probably seems like a lot but 3 points isn't that bad.

I agree with this. Three points is also within the degree of acceptable fluctuation, and also around where people mostly score on their actual official test. See if there are any trends as to the category of questions you are getting wrong. If not, it may be something less tangible like your mindset or habits.

Lastly, you can't expect to improve every test. If so, everyone who starts at 130 could take 51 tests and end up with a 181 final score :)