Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproofing during CC?

rachel.arachel.a Alum Member
in Logic Games 28 karma

I'm wondering whether I should start foolproofing LG while I am going through the core curriculum for the first time, or whether I should go through the core curriculum first and then begin foolproofing once I'm done? I have seen conflicting responses to this question, so I would really appreciate some feedback on what the best approach is. Thanks!

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I think it depends on your experience and adaptability to logic games. I started foolproofing the games in the CC while going through the CC but I also had experience with logic games so it wasn't too overwhelming for me. If it's your first time, I can see how foolproofing while doing the CC can be overwhelming. The point of foolproofing is that you learn to see patterns that are true across games. You also learn how to diagram in a manner that is most effective for you. Foolproofing just gives you more exposure and introduces the timing aspect. It's kind of like throwing someone in the deep end of the pool. If they have some practice swimming then it might work out great. If not, there's a risk of drowning. Okay that's not the most encouraging analogy. Maybe after you finish the sequencing unit, you can try foolproofing those games covered and see if that's helpful for you :)

After you finish the CC, you should definitely foolproof all, or as many as you can, of the games from PTs 1-35