Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contemplating Ultimate plus

Wait whatWait what Alum Member
in General 244 karma

Hey Sagers,
I currently have the starter pack and I am about 1/2 through the games portion of the CC. I am pretty solid on games. The section where I think I stand the most to gain is LR. RC is not that strong however I have made some big improvements. So I am not too concerned with RC. Also, I think RC comes a little easier when you are proficient in LR. The dilemma is whether or not to upgrade. I have two copies of PT 7- 50s. So it really comes down to the drill packs, PTs 60-80s, and the explanations. The extra PTs will cost somewhere around $70. The upgrade is $570. So I'd be paying $500 for the explanations and the drill packs. JY's explantations have been very helpful more so than the Manhattan and Powerscore forums. I am taking the September Test.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and upgraded? Was it worth it?
Also are the RC explanations of the same quality as the LR?

Thanks!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I also began with Starter and upgraded to Ultimate+ and it was definitely worth it. The amount of material and explanations you get is invaluable. The RC explanations are just as good as the LR ones.

• Juillidame-1Juillidame-1 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 53 karma

If it isn't a financial hardship, the cost is well worth it. The RC explanations are actually ridiculously good. So thorough, and at LEAST as good as his LR explanations, JY is a master. In my opinion, the cost of this program is quite inexpensive for what you receive.

• MarClaAveMarClaAve Member
    123 karma

@"Juillidame-1" said:
    If it isn't a financial hardship, the cost is well worth it. The RC explanations are actually ridiculously good. So thorough, and at LEAST as good as his LR explanations, JY is a master. In my opinion, the cost of this program is quite inexpensive for what you receive.

What about the difference between Ultimate and Ultimate+ ? I'm debating keeping the Ultimate until I finish all the prep tests and only then, if I feel like I can still improve (and if I finish everything in time) to upgrade. My only fear is that missing out on the hard problem sets and LG bundles will harm my studying along the way?

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

@"Juillidame-1" said:

@Emily2122 said:
    I also began with Starter and upgraded to Ultimate+ and it was definitely worth it. The amount of material and explanations you get is invaluable. The RC explanations are just as good as the LR ones.

Thanks for the input!