Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing sample

ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
in General 905 karma

Hey - I know the writing sample doesn’t get as much attention as the rest of the lsat , but how did everyone prepare for that section ? Did you only prep for it while taking the pt

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think maybe the big thing is giving yourself a few minutes to read it again and correct mistakes. This said, the usual advice is no major preparation for the writing sample is needed and probably our time is better spent on the other sections, but if you wanted to, and I did this awhile ago, you could try doing one writing sample just to get familiar with it.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

I read an LSAT blog the day before my exam about how to prep the writing sample. The general advice was to take time to write notes on your scratch paper for the pros/cons of both sides. Then start by writing why you think the other side's pros don't outweigh the cons. Next few paragraphs list the pros for the side you are supporting and more importantly acknowledge the cons of the side you are supporting (but note that the cons aren't a big deal). As far as actual writing practice, I think it's fine to just trust that the writing you've done your whole life will be enough experience.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Thanks for the feedback everyone

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Watch this 2-3 days before the test. I think it is sufficient.