Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post CC Study Strategies

mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
in General 757 karma

Hi everyone,

I am nearly complete with the CC and am looking to develop a successful post CC strategy. I have already viewed the post CC webinar and plan to follow the advice provided. Excluding the advice that is provided in the post CC webinar, does anyone have any personal post CC study strategies they would like to share? I know this is an open ended question that largely depends on my areas of weakness / target score. (165+)

What, if any, are some strategies you wish you would have known prior to beginning your post CC studies?

For example: How exactly did you go about fool-proofing LG (by section or game type?), did you keep an LSAT journal for troublesome topics...etc.

I am open to any advice in LR, LG, or RC.

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Keep notes of trends / issues / weaknesses as you take pts . Isolate areas of weakness and take time to br pts. Some people think taking more pt = higher score , not the case and a waste of pts.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Make sure you do untimed drills and some timed drills before you PT. I think people have a tendency to put extra weight on their first PT post-CC as something magical or the culmination of all their hard work but that's not the case. It's just the beginning, that's especially true if you haven't taken any timed sections - which help you with timing - and untimed sections - which illustrate your potential. This way you also have more data when you take your first PT so you're more aware of whether something was due to lack of timing strategies, fundamental weaknesses, etc. Most importantly, BR thoroughly. It's what's most important. You can't get faster and retain efficiency if you don't understand something or truly graps it during BR. Of course, supplement your BR with timed drills or drills in general to improve on your weaknesses, but if you just keep taking PT after PT without thorough BR you'll just burn out and be frustrated.

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

@keets993 Thanks for your input! I like the tip about timed and untimed drills, I should definitely begin to consider my speed on certain sections. I don't expect anything great for the first PT post-CC. Thanks again!

757 karma

@ebalde1234 Very true, need to save as many fresh PTs as possible!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe pick a couple more webinars and AMAs and I like what @keets993 said as well. Also, here's hoping for some new AMAs in the future. :)

757 karma

@lsatplaylist Oh yes, always looking for more AMAs