[Ended] Post Curriculum Study Strategies with Sage Josh | Wednesday, Jan 11 | 8pm EST

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
edited January 2017 in Webinars 27822 karma
https://media.giphy.com/media/12bdpEsvl5OEDe/giphy.gif

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/3251000/3251321_1370176028431.35res_200_251.jpg

For anyone who missed it, or for anyone who'd like to sit through it again, this webinar is a new and improved version of my "So I'm done with the curriculum now what" webinar. I wanted to do this one again in order to emphasize that it's not just for people coming right out of the curriculum, it's for anyone who is in the PT phase. Whether you've only just finished the curriculum or whether you've been PTing for a long time, my hope is that there is something here for everyone to use in order to build a deliberate and effective study strategy based on his/her individual performance. We'll be doing one on Monday and another on Wednesday, so I hope everyone can make it!

Post Curriculum Study Strategies
Wed, Jan 11, 2017 8:00 PM EST

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/425746093

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212

Access Code: 425-746-093

First GoToMeeting? Try a test session: http://help.citrix.com/getready

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    These are LITERALLY perfectly coinciding with my finishing the CC!

I feel so luck :)

Plus, new and improved.... *sold*

See you there @"Cant Get Right"
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    These are LITERALLY perfectly coinciding with my finishing the CC!
    Congrats on finishing! Pro tip: there's a couple lessons hidden down in the PTs, so if it's going to roll over to 100% completion, you'll need to scroll down and find them.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Congrats on finishing! Pro tip: there's a couple lessons hidden down in the PTs, so if it's going to roll over to 100% completion, you'll need to scroll down and find them.
    God Dammit! I was wondering why I have like 2 lessons left but only 92% done! Thought I was going crazy, lol.

Thank you!
  • bunny11.11bunny11.11 Alum Member
    38 karma
    Definitely attending! Until then...any tips on attacking LR over the weekend? I am suck in a 7-8 wrong loop, and I don't know why. I don't have problems with LG or RC. The worst part is I do blind review and the answers for LR are obvious to me. Maybe I'm freaking out about time? I'm already trying the LR in 40 min, not 35. And I have a really hard time making myself skip.

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated.
    27822 karma
    @bunny1111 said:
    I have a really hard time making myself skip.
    Here it is. You've got to get over this.

Within each section, there is an internal economy and the currency is time. You can use that time to purchase correct answer choices, and sometimes you're getting a good deal and other times you're getting ripped off. Remember that the easy questions are worth just as much as the hard ones. We're not shopping around with options ranging from Pintos to Cadillacs. They're all Cadillacs and they're all the same model with the same features. So buy the cheap ones first and skip over the pricey ones. If you miss out on one, make sure it's the one that is inexplicably priced at $50,000,000. (I feel like this metaphor has really gotten out of hand, but I also feel kind of committed, lol.) So manage this little economy that's going on: Don't be a passive player within it. You can't afford to haggle or get hung up on the really pricey answers, not when there's still perfectly good answers on mega discount blowout sale.
    27822 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    God Dammit! I was wondering why I have like 2 lessons left but only 92% done! Thought I was going crazy, lol.
    Yeah man, I was so excited. It was like watching a NYE countdown or something only instead of counting down to zero, it only went to 0:001!

99.7% Complete!!!!

So anticlimactic!
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" @"Alex Divine"

Haha thanks for that tidbit you gave Alex.. I always like to look at the percentage I've completed and it always says 97.7% which drives me crazy!! I just looked through the PT section and only saw one lesson left, so hopefully completing that will get me to 100%.

Also, I attended the last session you held ("I completed the cc, now what?") when I had completed the curriculum, it was so beneficial and helpful to my prep and I'm implementing a lot of the suggestions you provided :D
    27822 karma
    @sweetsecret said:
    Also, I attended the last session you held ("I completed the cc, now what?") when I had completed the curriculum, it was so beneficial and helpful to my prep and I'm implementing a lot of the suggestions you provided :D
    Hey, thanks so much! I'm really glad you're finding it useful. And good luck getting to 100%!!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:

Within each section, there is an internal economy and the currency is time. You can use that time to purchase correct answer choices, and sometimes you're getting a good deal and other times you're getting ripped off. Remember that the easy questions are worth just as much as the hard ones. We're not shopping around with options ranging from Pintos to Cadillacs. They're all Cadillacs and they're all the same model with the same features. So buy the cheap ones first and skip over the pricey ones. If you miss out on one, make sure it's the one that is inexplicably priced at $50,000,000. (I feel like this metaphor has really gotten out of hand, but I also feel kind of committed, lol.) So manage this little economy that's going on: Don't be a passive player within it. You can't afford to haggle or get hung up on the really pricey answers, not when there's still perfectly good answers on mega discount blowout sale.
    Whoa! I <3 this way of thinking about skipping.

This analogy is spot freakin on!

• lenelson2lenelson2 Member
    523 karma
    I'll be there!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Okay, looks like I can't come to either of these due to prior engagements so you BETTER upload!!!
    https://annoyingrambles.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/loading-gun.gif
    edited January 2017 11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    (I feel like this metaphor has really gotten out of hand, but I also feel kind of committed, lol.)
    HAHAHAHAHA! this was seriously the best analogy....I wish we could bookmark comments for this very reason.

27822 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Okay, looks like I can't come to either of these due to prior engagements so you BETTER upload!!!
    That's a serious threat as far as Marv is concerned!
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    That's a serious threat as far as Marv is concerned!
    LOL glad you caught on ;)
  • lawschoolstuff16lawschoolstuff16 Alum Member
    328 karma
    Will this be recorded? I don't know that I'll be able to make it but would love to watch it after the fact
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    DAMMIT! I'll miss these two too. I have the pleasure of showing up for jury duty beginning tomorrow. AND my classes start tomorrow. Oh joy and rapture.

I'd love to actually serve jury duty, instead of sitting in a jury room for 10 hours only to be told to go home.

So, I'm bringing a couple of textbooks and PT 29 + some drills to do while I wait. Might as well be useful to myself while I'm sitting there for so long.

I hope these two webinars will be recorded and posted for perusal and reference later! Please and thank you!
    27822 karma
    @ScooterMinion said:
    I hope these two webinars will be recorded and posted for perusal and reference later!
    No worries, one of these will definitely be posted. If I think there's still room to improve, I may even do another round to make sure I get it exactly how I want it. So one way or another, we'll make it happen!
    27822 karma
    Happening soon! Looking forward to seeing y'all!
  • keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma
    This was super helpful, thank you so much for it! Motivated me to work even harder!!
    27822 karma
    You got this @keets993 ! Study hard and study smart!
    27822 karma
    Thanks to everyone who attended the Monday session! And for anyone who missed it (or for anyone who made it but just really loves listening to the slow cadence of my Southern drawl) we'll do it all again on Wednesday!
  • Burt MacklinBurt Macklin Alum Member
    170 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" : Any chances you might be able to talk about what to do / where to pick up after taking an extended break after you've finished the CC?

• rafaelitorafaelito Alum Member
    1063 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    we'll do it all again on Wednesday!
    I will be at this one! Missed the previous two. Looking forward to it!
    edited January 2017 27822 karma
    @"Burt Macklin" , I think that's definitely something that I address. Can always elaborate further in Q&A too, so definitely falls within the scope.

@RafaelBernard , glad you'll be able to make it!
  • Bevs ScooterMinionBevs ScooterMinion Alum Member
    1018 karma
    NO JURY DUTY----that means I have time for my school work AND "attend" tomorrow night's webinar! WIN! Woooohoooooo!

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    Yay! Thanks for doing a second one. I'll be there for this!
    @ScooterMinion said:
    NO JURY DUTY
    it has been a dream of mine to get selected for jury duty...it has happened to everyone in my family but me haha
  • dcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdcdc Alum Member
    382 karma

Hey, any chance this will be uploaded soon? I've finished the curriculum and am PTing and would be grateful for any further guidance. This webinar looks perfect for that.

Thanks!

11542 karma

@dcdcdcdcdc said:
    Hey, any chance this will be uploaded soon? I've finished the curriculum and am PTing and would be grateful for any further guidance. This webinar looks perfect for that.

Thanks!

Sage Josh just informed us that it will be uploaded soon! feel free to harass him in the meantime :trollface: