Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I push back my admission date?

rarararonnierarararonnie Member
in General 8 karma

I've been studying since April. just took the June test, I wanted to use it as a benchmark to see how the test was/how I would do. I signed up for the July test, but after some studying I realized it might be better to wait until September to take it again. I missed the cutoff date for the refund though. Should I just take July and September or take the loss and cancel July?

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Depends on how you did in June, but I would just lose the July money and take the Sept test. The $140 missed refund in the big picture shouldn’t affect any decisions.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Well, it's already paid for. And it shouldn't hurt you to have an extra take on your record. Might as well use it and see what happens. Worst case, it's practice.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

I find that if you are asking, then you are not sure what to do. When taking an official test or deciding when to apply, you always want to make sure that you are ready. Take your time and do what is best for you!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think if taking the June test showed you that you truly aren't ready, you should withdraw. It's true that it's unlimited and a lower score won't hurt you. But, that would be 3 takes in just a few months. It's better to avoid having 4 or 5 takes if possible. Schools might start to question why you've taken it so many times. In general, I think the best philosophy is to not take it until you are ready. I had to withdraw and lost the money on 3 tests, ugh. If you think you are scoring within your goal range on PTs and June was just a fluke, take July. If you now think that you aren't ready and aren't going to score where you want, you should withdraw. There's no upside to taking it now if you aren't ready.