Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Strategies for Reviewing Footage?

paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
in General 1032 karma

For the past several weeks I've found recording my PTs quite helpful.

But I'm curious if people have any strategies they follow when reviewing their footage? Are their specific aspects that you focus on?

At the moment, I have two main aspects of my review.

First, I record my times for each question to try and focus on which questions I struggled with, even if I was confident I had the right answer once I selected it. This has been helpful because, then, I go ahead and review those questions more in-depth even if I got them correct under timed conditions. Second, I try to keep a notebook of various observations about my strategy, trying to tweak my timing to be more parallel to my confidence level (e.g. I can tell from the footage that I was 85(ish)% sure that I had the right choice after A (and did), but I spent too much time closely reading the other answer choices.).

Are there other techniques that people have used that they find helpful? @"Cant Get Right" , I was listening to your AMA the other day, and you seemed to be a strong advocate for video recording/review. Any suggestions?

Thanks, everyone!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

what I do is take notes when I BR - break down the arg, break down what's write/wrong in the acs. then I write down my recollection as to why it is that I circled the question for BR, what it is that I struggled with. Then I write what I learned from my BR and how I can do better next time. Then I review the video, mark how long it took me to do the question, and write down anything I did wrong ie spent too much time on this AC when I knew it was wrong...didnt take a moment to pre-phrase...didnt understand the stim at all and should've just skipped...missed a key word...or just did everything right but did it too slowly (under-confidence), etc., and then I add on to my note of how to do better next time.
    For the questions I got right I usually just watch the vid and yell at myself to speed the hell up and move on instead of lingering lol.