Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rachel Zane should have gotten into Harvard

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
edited July 2018 in Off-topic 1723 karma

I was just rewatching suits and when rachel got her rejection letter from Harvard I realized that Sheila really must have held it against loius even though she claimed she didnt. Rachel had a 172 , I'm assuming a stellar GPA from a top undergrad and she is a URM.
I'm no conspiracy theorist but.....

Comments

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Abit burnt out of studying and thought I would share this during my 15 break lol

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

My first thought "Oooh, I wonder which 7Sager Rachel Zane is". Sigh. Not a big tv watcher, clearly!

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Haha. Wow good for you that you don't watch TV, your automatically 10× more productive than I am

• macklynkingmacklynking Free Trial Member
    36 karma

Lol! I’m also watching Suits right now and thought she should have gotten in too!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma
  • keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@akistotle LOL you crack me up. That was my thought too, she did just fine in life :wink:

• 615 karma

Stopped watching after s5 or something. But really. You're right.
    Now that I think about it, Mike would've gotten into a decent law school with some funding.
    You can go to another college after getting kicked out, take the lsat, which he probably could get 180. Get admissions from some top schools.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I agree she should’ve gotten into Harvard. She also worked at one of the top firms in New York for eight years. If that doesn’t say commitment I don’t know what does. Season 8 premieres tomorrow!

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

LOL

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

More like Hello real Cambridge :blush:

1532 karma

What did you guys think of the premiere, for those who saw it? I thought it was just ok. Mike and Rachel gone really changes the show. Not sure how I feel about these new characters...

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited July 2018 894 karma

@Emily2122 said:
    What did you guys think of the premiere, for those who saw it? I thought it was just ok. Mike and Rachel gone really changes the show. Not sure how I feel about these new characters...

I think Katherine Heigl is one of the worst and most boring actresses in Hollywood, in general. I didn't see the premiere though lol I'm just saying that cause I know she's on it now lol

1532 karma

@"lady macbeth" I was really surprised when they brought her on because everything she's in gets cancelled. I won't be surprised if this is the last season lol.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I was largely, "Meh". I really really hope the show doesn't turn into endless internal fights at ZSL or SZL or whatever their new firm ends up as. I didn't really like Mike Ross as a character (his whole life was based on a continuing lie) however, the photographic memory plot device provided a few gems of entertainment throughout the show's run up to this point.

Quite honestly, I think the best thing that could happen is a spin-off show that starts with Louis showing up for orientation for his first year at HLS. That would be 3 years of solid gold.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited July 2018 894 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    I was largely, "Meh". I really really hope the show doesn't turn into endless internal fights at ZSL or SZL or whatever their new firm ends up as. I didn't really like Mike Ross as a character (his whole life was based on a continuing lie) however, the photographic memory plot device provided a few gems of entertainment throughout the show's run up to this point.

Quite honestly, I think the best thing that could happen is a spin-off show that starts with Louis showing up for orientation for his first year at HLS. That would be 3 years of solid gold.

i agree. i think the show in general is pretty "meh" but i know a lot of people wouldn't agree with me lol. i just think the whole show is entertaining, but isn't really memorable really like other television shows like breaking bad or house of cards. i actually found rachel's character in the show to be one of the more boring characters tbh. don't come for my neck, ya'll. and i obviously lost respect for it when they casted katherine heigl lol

but i def do think she should have gotten into harvard. obviously the writers had to place her at columbia in order to keep the premise of the show in nyc, i'm assuming. even though the whole show is actually shot in toronto.... but that's besides the point lol