Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR difficulty

tiiaaa92tiiaaa92 Alum Member

I have such a hard time with Logic Reasoning no matter what the question types may be. I read the stimulus and understand it for the most part and pick the "correct" answer confidently, then do a blind review, but, when I review my answers I am almost always wrong. Once I watch JY's explanations of the questions I can see clearly why I picked the wrong answer choice - and it is for the most part a stupid mistake from either reading the passage incorrectly or the questions.I have tried to improve by slowing down and even reading the questions and possible answer choices multiple times, but that hasn't been helpful as I am still going with my gut and picking the wrong answer choice.I am really good at Logic games and fairly good with RC - but I can't seem to improve on LR. Any suggestions?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10789 karma

One thing I like to do is draw a parallel argument to that stimulus and write the parallel wrong answer choice as well as right answer choice. This helps me start applying the tricks the LSAT writers use to get me and since I can craft similar trap answer choices, I am less likely to fall in that trap again. Drawing parallel argument and answer choices help your mind apply what you have just learned and this will help switch your gut instinct under time to seeing these as trap answer choices. I highly recommend giving this a go. I have often found when I try drawing a parallel wrong answer choice which has in the past couple of times gotten me, I actually end up having a very hard time. But once I do that a couple of time, it ends up no longer being a problem in future.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

I would revisit the CC and watch the videos for any type of question you're having trouble with. There is likely some confusion or ambiguity in your thought processes if going with your gut isn't working out for you. (I wouldn't recommend that strategy anyway haha.)

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

You need to explore your thought process and see what’s leading you to the wrong answer

• tiiaaa92tiiaaa92 Alum Member
    20 karma

@Sami Thank you, I will definitely give that a try.

• tiiaaa92tiiaaa92 Alum Member
    20 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    I would revisit the CC and watch the videos for any type of question you're having trouble with. There is likely some confusion or ambiguity in your thought processes if going with your gut isn't working out for you. (I wouldn't recommend that strategy anyway haha.)

Yea, I think you are right, I've taken a step back and have started going through the explanations and doing drills after them, hopefully I can start seeing an improvement in my understanding of the stimulus and the right answer choices