Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do when there's time remaining?

MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
in General 3256 karma

If you have a few minutes left at the end of the section, what do you like to do?

When there's time remaining...
  1. What do you like to do?14 votes
    1. Double check my bubbles
      14.29%
    2. Go over tricky questions
      71.43%
    3. Meditate
        0.00%
    4. Cry until the next section
      14.29%

Comments

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

I go over any circled questions. My reasoning is that I shouldn't be sitting the LSAT if I'm likely to make an error with bubbling - I should be comfortable with it by then.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Go over tricky questions, but don't start with the really tricky ones though. I single circle questions that I know are within my range but that just aren't clicking, and I double circle the ones that I recognize as really killer. The thing about the double circles is that you're likely to miss them anyway. So why invest in them? With single circle level questions, you can pick up a lot of points relatively quickly. They're quick, so you can do more of them, and they're easier so you'll get them right with greater frequency.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

I usually go back to questions I've "starred," and after that, if I still have time, I check my bubbles.

Although that's the ideal situation --- in the real thing last time I needed to go to the bathroom really badly, so that's what I did!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2018 3256 karma

These are all great points! I typically go back to my circled problems, but I have to be really cautious with this because I tend to change answers AWAY from the correct answer because of second guessing myself. So I really only spend time on questions that I feel like I could understand better if I gave them more time. After that I usually still have a few minutes left, which I use to sort of "wash away" that section so that I am mentally focused on the next one instead of thinking about problems in previous sections.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Go over the ones I'm really unsure about, or that I skipped because things aren't clicking. If I'm stuck between two I usually trust my gut and go with one and don't change that. But if there's questions where I don't understand an AC and just chose the second best option, I try to figure out what it means. Cause sometimes they're really subtle and it's easier to grasp with fresh eyes.