Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games-Rule Substitution Questions

Robin MacRobin Mac Member

Does anyone have any tips for attacking rule substitution questions on logic games without fully sketching out the implications of each new rule? That method works, but I simply don't have the time for it so I usually end up skipping those questions. It seems to me like there might be some sort of structure/trick to it (i.e. in a sequencing game, these types of substitutions are most common etc.), but I haven't been able to wrap my head around it.

What's worked for you? What hasn't worked for you?

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I like to think of them like JY does and then just POE based on whether the answer choice allows new worlds/possibilities or restricts old ones from happening. I can also usually POE 2-3 of the answer choices by looking back at my old work done on prior questions. Check out the games from the early 60s where they started appearing, JY breaks down how to think about them there.

I've also found that the more I do of them, the more my intuition leads the way.

• beezmoofbeezmoof Alum Member
    555 karma

I looked at every substitution question possible and there are definitely definitely definitely patterns! That's helped me the most with new questions. All reincarnations.

• hihihi9993hihihi9993 Member
    edited August 2018 342 karma

@beezmoof Do you mind sharing your substitution question list (eg. PT-Section#-Question#)? I am also having a big trouble... :(

Thank you in advance!

• hl2xjhl2xj Alum Member
    61 karma

If the above could be posted for those who may already have created a list of them, that would be greatly appreciated !

• stephanistephani Free Trial Member
    9 karma

This is what I have, hope it helps (Feel free to correct the list in a reply if you find one of the questions I listed is not a rule substitution!)

PT 61 | S3 | 11 
    PT 62 | S3 | 6 
    PT 64 | S2 | 12 
    PT 65 | S2 | 23 
    PT 66 | S3 | 11 
    PT 69 | S2 | 17 
    PT 70 | S3 | 8 
    PT 71 | S2 | 5 
    PT 71 | S2 | 16 
    PT 72 | S4 | 13 
    PT 74 | S4 | 23 
    PT 75 | S4 | 18