Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

150 diagnostic- how much could I (really) improve?

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
edited August 2018 in July 2018 LSAT 535 karma

Hello. Whew, first post. It’s been awesome ghosting everyone because I’ve learned so much.

In April I took a 4-part diagnostic and got a 150. I’ve since enrolled in the 7Sage prep course and have scheduled for September. Realistically, how much improvement can I expect before the test?

Comments

• LSATStudent780LSATStudent780 Alum Member
    102 karma

Have you taken any practice tests now after the CC to see if your score changes? I feel like I took a practice test, saw my weak areas, drilled those, and THEN I actually saw my score increase. My BR increased ALOT too!

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

It depends on your section breakdown. For example: -2LR, -8LR, -10RC, -5LG

What were your scores for each of the sections?

• AndrewInSFAndrewInSF Alum Member
    44 karma

Before CC I was at 147, following the CC I hit 153, on the July test I scored a 166. This was all around 2 1/2 months. So I think it's very possible to see big gains. Though, it's really up to you and how you study and realizing what works for you. For me, as soon as I began blind reviewing with a partner, I saw my scores shoot up. By being forced to defend and advocate an answer choice, I needed to articulate my reasoning for choosing it. Often times the reasoning sucked. After doing this many times, it really helped me see my areas of weakness and allowed me to approach the test differently. Also, I agree with @Ohnoeshalpme . If you have a ton wrong in LG, that can totally be brought down by September. And even if you're -12 in RC, I still believe that one month is ample time to bring that down to consistent single digits. Hope this was helpful, good luck!

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

I think anything is possible. I went from a 145 diagnostic and December 17' score to a 153 timed and BR 158 post CC. It's all about strategy, how dedicated you'll be, and the amount of work you're willing to put in. Figure out your weaknesses and strengths then go from there. I'm also sitting for the September exam and I've changed my strategy for the better. From now till September I'd suggest PTs every week, drilling in between (timed and untimed), FP, and BR!!! Also revisit the CC and if you're up to it, visit the question bank for specific problem question types.

Since you're pressed for time at least try to FP PT 1-10 and just work on drilling LG sections from the recent PTs. Maybe a few from the 50s-60s... If you have trouble with them, do it like twice to get familiarity. You can get it done :)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I think it depends on how you're scoring in each individual section. If you're going like -17 on LG, and you decide to attack LG with everything you have, you should see great improvements. If you're scoring about the same on each section, you'll probably want to attack LR because there are two LR sections. I think that, realistically, in 2.5 months, you should aim for a 160-- but don't be surprised or discouraged if you score a 155 on test day. Tests vary by about 3 points, and people tend to score worse when the pressure is on. Of course, some people have huge gains, and it is easier to gain in the 140-150 range (learning the fundamentals) than it is to gain in the 150-160 or 160-170 ranges. You got this.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

30 more points.