Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnt Out?

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited November 2014 in General 2074 karma
I can't tell if I'm burnt out or not :(
I think it's because I don't get much sleep, but recently I've found Reading Comprehension so hard. I usually miss 2-7 per exam (just in total, not per passage), but recently when I do single passages, I do a lot worse.
I can feel myself not focusing on the passages. But no matter what I do I can't go back to having that connection with the passage like I once had.

has anyone else felt this way?

Comments

• TheUnderDogTheUnderDog Alum Member
    52 karma
    Of course :( I think that's completely normal. I think when you feel like that, you need to take a bit of time off and focus on relaxing. Of course studying is important, but you won't make any progress if you're so stressed out. Take a deep breath, read a good book, watch a good movie, then dive into those passages again :)
  • sarah.xuwsarah.xuw Member
    42 karma
    it's easy to lose concentration without enough sleep. RC needs short memory. do something you enjoy to relax and cheer up. :))
  • CallMeJazzyCallMeJazzy Alum Member
    65 karma
    If you think that it's burnout than it probably is. Get some sleep and go do something fun. I really mean that. Get into the habit of getting 6-8 hours of sleep every night and then listen to your body when it's telling you that you need a break. I work a full time job and it's difficult to find the time but you've got to do it. If you're not getting anything out of your study session because you can't concentrate--you're basically throwing time down the drain.
  • James RayJames Ray Alum Member
    186 karma
    I agree with Jazzy. You need to take some time off to chill out your mind. The most important thing with this test is to be able to think nimbly.