Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deciding whether or not to write in November instead.

el.parker16el.parker16 Free Trial Member
edited August 2018 in September 2018 LSAT 10 karma

Format Edited by Admin #HELP My goal for the LSAT is to score in the 160 range. Honestly just anything above 160. Currently I have not seen much improvement on my practice exams. I am worried that my self-studying has not been effective thus far as I was only using the powerscore bibles up until this point. With less than a month left until the September test date (that I am currently registered for) I am wondering if I should postpone my exam until November. What would everyone suggest? I AM FREAKING OUT!

Admin note: Please refrain from using "#" at the beginning. The character "#" indicates a subheading: Markdown

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

What are you currently scoring? If you are a long ways off it would probably be worth it to wait until November.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    edited August 2018 6045 karma

It depends on your current score and section break-down in particular as well as your BR score and the section break-down for each. As well as how many PTs you've taken and if you are drilling in between to focus on your weaknesses.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

If you're not improving, I think you should delay. Everyone has the potential to improve over time. If you were motivated enough to go through those giant books, you definitely have it in you to power through the stuff you're losing points on.

That being said, it seems like you're in one of those "work smarter, not harder" situations. Sinking time into PTs while struggling with major concepts is not the best use of your time. As for me, I'm cutting back from two PTs a week to one PT a week so that I can do some extra work on RC. I realized that I was missing the fundamental concept of reading the RC question stems carefully. Even though I know to do that now, I need to practice doing it so that I don't rush through the questions on test day. Everyone has at least one weakness on the LSAT. Identifying your weaknesses through the PTs you have taken can be very helpful for you right now. Good luck!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It definitely depends on what you're scoring right now. If you're in the high 150s then I'd say, like @"samantha.ashley92" that some "smart" work (i.e. very strategic) could give you the boost you need to get into the 160s. Are you skipping hard questions? If not, I think you might be able to benefit from a skipping strategy. For a score in the low 160s you don't need to be trying to answer every single question, you should be picking up points from the easy and medium ones and saving the time you would have wasted on the really hard questions.