Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to improve the Blind review score

lhss3216lhss3216 Member
in General 25 karma

Hello, thanks for all the people at a great community in 7Sage and J.Y., I recently broke 170 for the first time.
I was really surprised because I've been constantly scoring in the range of 163 and 166.
I might have been just very lucky although I hope it was not.

However, whatever I do, my blind review score does not go above 173 and I am wondering if it is possible to improve my BR score and how anybody succeeded in doing so if it is possible. I am feeling like 173 is the max score I can get and although I would be very happy with that score, I am just hoping that I can score better on the PTs because I usually tend to score worse on the PTs than in real exams due to anxiety and etc. I tried reviewing all question in LR and RC sections regardless of whether the questions were circled or not, but I still got 173.

Thank you so much in advance for all your help!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

First of all, congratulations on reaching such a high score! Since it sounds like more of an understanding issue rather than a timing issue, I would recommend looking at your analytics and drilling the questions types that you get wrong most frequently. What is your section breakdown?

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

It sounds like you are probably a very strong LG scorer, and that you are efficient with your time in both LR and RC. You probably have a good understanding of the test overall and you have a solid foundation for those skills. In spite of this strong background, I really think that you need to get a tutor to help you understand why those BR scores aren't increasing. Working through some of the hardest questions with a tutor might expose some weaknesses in your thought process that you weren't aware of before.