Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NYU Med School Now Free Tuition

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma

NYU announced today that starting with this academic year, all medical school students will attend tuition free. Not need based or merit-based ... Free!! Tuition last year was $56K but officials said it was discouraging people from attending or selecting certain specialties. Is there any chance that NYU will do this for their law school??

Comments

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

There's always a chance

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

Yeah, I saw that other thread thanks. I just posted a short blurb on my MCAT experience.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

The mechanism by which NYU was able to do this was by raising the money: 450 million, including nearly a 100 million dollar donation from the founder of Home Depot (Langone). I believe the question we should be asking is whether or not something similar to that type of fundraising is possible for the field of law.

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

Well, I am expecting the deep pocketed schools like Hopkins and Stanford and maybe Penn and Columbia, etc. to be following suit shortly. With NYU having free tuition, every kid in the country will be applying there.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Good luck to anyone considering NYU Med School. Competition was already insane and now it'll be so much harder. I wish the law school would follow suit but I don't see that happening.