Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Prep Motivation

xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
in General 428 karma

I know that the scholarships, the dream school, and the dream career should be motivation enough itself, and that routine studying should be just that, a routine, a habit. Still, I have off days. Sometimes it feels like the progress I'm making is too incremental, and others I am simply inexplicably unmotivated. Am I alone? What advice do you have?

To ground myself again, sometimes I take an hour or so to work on my essays to remind myself of the why of it all.

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

You are not alone. This is something that we all experience.

A great way to increase study time is to reward yourself with something after you finish studying. For example, if I study for an hour and a half I will reward myself by playing a video game or watching a movie. Then I go back to studying and do the same cycle over again.

Another good tip is to build a schedule. Study at the same time every day and don't break the routine. You'll become accustomed to the schedule over time and it will feel like less of a chore.