Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why write rules on page one only to rewrite them on page 2?

CodyCougarCodyCougar Alum Member
edited August 2018 in Logic Games 6 karma

As stated in the title, why would we write rules for logic games on the first page of a game, answer one question, and then waste a minute or so re-writing them on the next page? It seems to me that it would be a faster approach to write all the rules on the second page from the get-go, answer page 1's question, then dive straight into page 2's questions.

I suppose that the time taken to write the rules might take long enough to negate any time benefit, as you have to flip back and forth. Either way, you have to flip back and forth at some point, so the only time saved would be on the initial time spent writing the rules, not time spent flipping back and forth between pages.

EDIT: After testing this out a few times, I noticed I was more prone to error in writing rules down. So that is definitely one concern with this approach of writing rules straight onto the second page.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@CodyCougar said:
    As stated in the title, why would we write rules for logic games on the first page of a game, answer one question, and then waste a minute or so re-writing them on the next page? It seems to me that it would be a faster approach to write all the rules on the second page from the get-go, answer page 1's question, then dive straight into page 2's questions.

I suppose that the time taken to write the rules might take long enough to negate any time benefit, as you have to flip back and forth. Either way, you have to flip back and forth at some point, so the only time saved would be on the initial time spent writing the rules, not time spent flipping back and forth between pages.

EDIT: After testing this out a few times, I noticed I was more prone to error in writing rules down. So that is definitely one concern with this approach of writing rules straight onto the second page.

If I understand your question correctly, I think you’re printing PTs wrong. You don’t have to flip back and forth between pages. Have you seen Live Commentary Videos?

• Smorph0u0Smorph0u0 Member
    32 karma

Hmm, I think you might be printing the PT incorrectly. Games and RC are supposed to be on the same side on two difference pieces of paper if you print it one sided. In the real test booklet you won't need to flip it back and forth and I think that might be the concern you're trying to address? If you print double-sided, then print a blank page before the first page of the first game and that should work. Once you have the two pages on different paper facing you the same time, you won't have to flip it back and forth and only need to write out new gameboard when you need to. Hope this helps!