Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying Sep. vs. Oct.

sx23sx23 Alum Member
edited September 2018 in Law School Admissions 409 karma

Any idea whether it makes a difference applying Sep. vs. Oct. ? I never thought it would but then I saw this : https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/does-submitting-an-early-law-school-application-improve-your-chances. Was gonna sit on my application until Oct. but am low key freaking out about whether I should submit them this week. I'm not retaking LSAT.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you're not retaking then I don't see any reason to sit on them. Generally, the earlier you apply the better. Having said that, I wouldn't recommend rushing the application if it isn't ready. It would be much better to submit a strong application with polished essays in October than a sloppy one in September.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Since you're not retaking, if you have the rest of your application together then I would send it in. Sending them early gives you quite an advantage. Just don't rush to send them in because from what I hear, there isn't much difference between September and October.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I read the article and have a hard time believing the 30%+ boost in T14 they attribute to Sept vs Oct. In any case, you should send in your apps as soon as you can and no sooner. I'm waiting for my final LOR as patiently as I possibly can lol.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Well, we have to remember the classic logical flaw here: correlation doesn't equal causation. Are those applicants getting in because they applied early? Or is it the case that highly qualified applicants with an extremely polished app package that are shoe-ins for T14 acceptance are the ones applying in September on day one? Probably a little of both, but likely more of the latter. I doubt that there is a massive difference in your chances of getting in whether you submit in September or October. You should submit your applications when they are sufficiently prepared. October is still early. You'll be ahead of the crowd that's waiting for the November LSAT. Don't rush to submit if your essays aren't ready. That said, if you think everything is as polished as could be, no use in sitting on them until October.

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

@"Leah M B" Very good point! I'm sitting on them just cause I'm procrastinating. Probably should get them out next week. And @NotMyName I'm also "patiently" waiting for my last LOR lol

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

lol you are making me nervous now too @sx23