Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended Ways To Mentally Relax/Prepare The Day Before the Exam?

renatozapatagarciarenatozapatagarcia Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 41 karma

What have you Jedis found to be your own personal best way to mentally prepare/relax the day before the test and to not have any nightmares that consist of conditional statements linked up or JY's voice saying "this should be an easy one"? Any recommendations are gladly appreciated! (I know JY talks about this in winning the psychological battle and I completely agree with his but would like to hear fellow 7Sagers).

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Not a Jedi by any means, but I know what has not worked for me in my previous two attempts, so I'm totally changing the script this time. I took my last PT last Wednesday (yes, a week ago). Just got done with BR (only did a few pages a day). No fresh material since my PT, only review. I took off "work" this week ("work" = local volunteer gig, but you get the point). I've spent the entire week watching brain candy movies (today was Transformers and I'll do some Jack Ryan tonight). Getting a massage tomorrow and I'll do some (3-4) un-timed repeat logic games just to keep the mind going and more movies (Legally Blonde is in the line up). No LSAT work at all on Friday and an easy date day with my wife (Crazy Rich Asians). Early to bed each day this week and wake up naturally (although I'm an early riser anyways, 6:00 am is a late wake up for me).

All of this is an attempt to get me to the start line Saturday morning fresh and ready to rip into the test. No "last minute" or "what should I do" disaster thread reading. Just positive mojo all the way. I've even posted little cut out memes all over my house to reinforce positive mental attitude.

Good luck!

• renatozapatagarciarenatozapatagarcia Alum Member
    41 karma

Massage, A great movie date & LG with no time constraint..... Sounds absolutely what I was gearing towards.. Wish you the best of luck, my friend!!

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker how often do you get massages? It sounds amazing and I considered it, but in the past I’ve gotten sick from massages. All the toxins being released and such.... drink lots of water! Good luck on Saturday, you’re going to wreck it!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I stopped heavy studying about a week before the test, only did some light work the week of the test. Friday, I took the full day off work and made a plan to only do fun things that I enjoy: breakfast at my favorite spot, went to a fun movie (Thor Ragnarok), casual bike ride, did some light just-for-fun reading, went to happy hour with some friends, ate a good dinner, watched a little light TV, got to bed at a reasonable time.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@LivingThatLSATdream said:
    @LSAT_Wrecker how often do you get massages? It sounds amazing and I considered it, but in the past I’ve gotten sick from massages. All the toxins being released and such.... drink lots of water! Good luck on Saturday, you’re going to wreck it!

I used to get massages every two weeks or so, back when I was a high mileage runner / triathlethe. Now, not so much. However, I really want to ensure my mind is right this time. I think I had some major burnout issues for the July test.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@LivingThatLSATdream said:

I used to get massages every two weeks or so, back when I was a high mileage runner / triathlethe. Now, not so much. However, I really want to ensure my mind is right this time. I think I had some major burnout issues for the July test.

Totally understand! I didn’t want the comment to come off as rude. I would just hate someone to get that sick-y ache-y feeling that comes sometimes after a massage. I had total burnout when I test in Dec. I changed my whole approach for this test. Trying to remain stress free and positive, but every time I think about it my stomach is in knots !