Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

141 to 160 by November 2018? Is it possible?

I scored a 141 on PT 2007 (FIRST TRY). I am ok with LR, but I suck at LG and RC. I study part time because I work full time at a firm and hoping to apply for next cycle. Is there hope?

Comments

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

Anything is possible, but don't try to get your hopes up too much. 19 points in 72 days, while working full time, seems unlikely.
    But who knows, maybe you're super smart, and can pull it off. Good luck.

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 766 karma

19 points in 2 months? Extremely doubtful. Do you have to apply for next cycle? I made a 139 on my diagnostic. I have made an18 point increase but it has taken me on & off studying for 9 months to do so and I still have a LONG ways to go. This beast of a test takes time, do not rush it and force anything if you don’t have to. If you don’t have to take it then and can afford to wait then that is definitely what I would do. Especially if you are working full time because you will need time to go through the CC and get the fundamentals down. You will see you score shoot up tremendously after you do that and you will be very glad you waited, trust me.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

I'm very cautious about responding with an absolute no to much of anything, but this is about as close to it as it gets. Technically, the answer is "of course it's possible," but the nature of possibility is somewhat generous. Unfortunately, you missed this cycle by a mile. The good news is though, you're right on track to be applying for next cycle in great shape.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Honestly, it's going to be hard to hit 150. Do you have to take it in November?

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 770 karma

Can't you quit work until the test date in November, and then just go full steam, with studying all day everyday until then? Do nothing else. It might work...

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

The naysayers will say you can't manage it. I say if you want it bad enough, you'll get there, and this course may help you since it provides both the foundational logical information needed and the structure you may need to get to your goal in time. Also, look to supplementary materials- even Facebook! I've found that I've sharpened my rhetorical weakening skills immensely by poking holes in people's arguments online. Good luck, and where there's a will, there's a way.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1777 karma

I will add that if you can get through the LR and LG parts of the core curriculum (DO NOT skip LR lawgic translations or LG will be very difficult), you could probably bump up to a 150 without too much difficulty. If you were somehow able to study 6+ hours a day, 5-6 days a week until November, a 150 is totally achievable. But you're going to have to get about 22 more questions right to go from a 141 to a 160, and most people PT 3 points higher than they score on test day. So plan on PTing another 27 questions right to get a 160.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    The naysayers will say you can't manage it. I say if you want it bad enough, you'll get there, and this course may help you since it provides both the foundational logical information needed and the structure you may need to get to your goal in time. Also, look to supplementary materials- even Facebook! I've found that I've sharpened my rhetorical weakening skills immensely by poking holes in people's arguments online. Good luck, and where there's a will, there's a way.

I definitely agree that if they want it bad enough and are willing to put in the work, then they can do it. BUT. It might take a lot longer than three months.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Well I won't give you a yes or no answer. I can tell you that I started with a 147 and it took me about 5 months before I was consistently scoring in the 160s. But lets assume you're able to pull it off. If you can reach 160 in two months, then I think it'd be smart to keep studying anyways because clearly your work ethic is incredible and there is no reason you would not be able to pull off a higher score than 160.