Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General law fair advice

mew41195mew41195 Alum Member

Hello! I am going to my first law school fair next weekend in Boston — not the LSAC forum, that’s not until November, but there are 50ish schools in attendance. I am hoping to snag time with quite a few schools but was looking for any and all advice on how to stand out, what to wear, what to ask, etc. I am holding off on a few apps (BU, UCLA, BC, and some others) who I know will be there so I can have something to write in the “did we speak at an event” box (lol) since I don’t see a week this early making a huge difference. Anything is helpful!!! Also let me know if you’re going :)

Comments

• kimw2015kimw2015 Member
    81 karma

Following this since I'm also headed to my first fair next weekend (in SF) and want the same advice!

I'm curious what people have found to be the most helpful questions to ask school reps or general points of conversation? And is it appropriate and expected to follow up with reps over email if you have an engaging discussion?

(As for what to wear, I'm going with biz casual -- I think that'll be pretty typical.)

• Giselle112Giselle112 Alum Member
    151 karma

I'm going to this fair! This is also my first law school fair. I visited BC last week though. The schools on your list are the same as mine! Let's connect. DM me. (:

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I went to a law fair last year and (in addition to having a really fun time) learned a lot. As far as clothing goes, I'd go with business casual. I think that the questions you ask should be whatever ones that you're genuinely curious about. I would definitely ask schools what they're looking for in their ideal candidate though (even schools that you may not feel like you're qualified for). I don't think that the reps are typically involved in admissions decisions (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so I don't think that you need to follow up with them unless they explicitly ask you to or if you have an actual reason to.