Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Cancel my LSAT Score?

lsat2020-1-1lsat2020-1-1 Core Member
in General 46 karma

I took the LSAT earlier today and I don't think that I did well. I had two logic games sections (which is the section that I struggle with the most) and I ran out of time on the reading comprehension section. I was unable to answer five questions from the RC section. I did okay on the logical reasoning sections but I don't think my score will be good. Should I cancel? I don't want my score to lower my chances of getting into a good law school. I don't know what to do because I've studied for more than six months and I did horribly. Advice?

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited September 2018 2124 karma

Don’t cancel. Schools care about your highest score anyway. If you cancel, you won't get your score report back that will show where you need to improve. Right now I don't know if you'll be able to gauge how you did accurately, you might think you did worse than you actually did.

• eLSATurdayGiganteeLSATurdayGigante Alum Member
    edited September 2018 31 karma

Similar situation, here for advice.

Plus my testing room was freezing. It's 66 degrees outside and my room was way cooler than it is outside.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Good question, depends on what you would be willing to apply with.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

There is an old (resurfaced) thread that JY made on this topic that you should check out.

• ZRR007ZRR007 Alum Member
    29 karma

Similar situation...165 goal but no time for all Games and screwed by RC.. after careful and painful consideration, I decided to cancel. It is truly a hard choice but I think it is a reasonable one. Psychologically, it saves you from 2 weeks of anxious waiting, frustration,etc so you can quickly restore calm and confidence and get back to the fight, it would be hard to concentrate while severely distracted by uncertainty and waiting. Practically, even if you score couple of points higher than expected, you still need to get better to reach your goal, there is no way I can get 165 this time.. even if it turns out I would have gotten165 under such a difficult exam, that means I am very likely to get even better in Nov.. Therefore, force yourself to reveal score fullfills not much but empty curiosity and maybe a sense of “I might lucky for all the DDDDDs I chose” in the back of our minds. It never happens ..

Hang on to it my friend, we are preparing ourselves for Law, we need to train ourselves to make reasonable moves, not emotional. Cancelling is hard BECAUSE it failed to satisfy so many kind of natural emotions.. but I believe it is the rational move. See you in November.