Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Method of Reasoning & Flaw Questions

Pam BeeslyPam Beesly Alum Member

After drilling almost all questions types, I for some reason have been having a lot of trouble doing the harder method of reasoning and flaw questions and they are definitely my biggest weakness. I can usually do the easy ones really quickly and get them right with ease, but the harder ones just don't click with me and it's very frustrating considering how often they appear on the LSAT. Anybody have any tips?

Comments

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Do more of them. BR them. Spend at least 10 minutes on each wrong question analyzing the stimulus and write out the reasoning for every answer choice, compare your analysis to JY's, and repeat. Do this for 3 days straight, and 50 questions later, maybe you'll feel like you're doing better. There's no shortcuts for the harder questions. You just have to do intensive session targeting specific weaknesses.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Why, specifically, do you struggle with these? If you knew the answer to that, you would likely not be struggling, lol. That's kind of obvious, but it also gives you a path forward. Answer that question and you can likely close that gap.

One thing they love on these question types, especially in the harder ones, is heavy use of referential phrasing in the AC's. Make sure you're tracking your references and that everything says what you think it says.