Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking November LSAT. What 7sage Course Do I Take?

beconfidentbeconfident Free Trial Member

Hey guys! Im taking the LSAT in November. Ive been self studying a bit, but not really learning anything on my own. I need to really learn how to attack each question type in logical reasoning and logic games. My score on a timed prep test is 130. I scored 148 on an untimed prep test. I really need help to raise my timed score. What course do you recommend for such a short period of time? I study 12 hours a day, so I have the time to put into the courses. Thanks for your help!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The November test probably isn’t a good choice if you’re trying to score around 150. It takes a couple months to go through the core of the course and that wouldn’t leave you any time for practice tests. Having said that, which course you choose probably depends on how much you’re looking to spend. They all have the same core lessons, but the bigger packages have more tests and video explanations.

• beconfidentbeconfident Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I dont really mind spending the money, so long as it can help with raising my score. Unfortunately, I have to take the November test due to time constraints. :( However, I will also be taking the January test.

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

I started the Ultimate package like 2 weeks ago, and it required me to spend about 10 hours a day (50-60 hours a week) to complete the entire package in time for the November test. If you are planning on taking the January test and don't mind spending the money, then I would suggest getting the Ultimate Plus package. I believe it gives you access for over a year and everything that he has to offer is available to you. You can just do the sections that you need the most help on for the November test, then complete the program in time for January. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

Get the starter, You will be very busy just trying to finish that in time for Nov. Then you can extend access / upgrade at a reduced price later

10 karma

@lsat_kp20 Thank you for your helpful comment. I am taking both the November and January test. So should I just purchase the Ultimate and then upgrade after the November test?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

How come you're taking both November and January? Is it for ED purposes?

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

@lsat_kp20 said:
    I started the Ultimate package like 2 weeks ago, and it required me to spend about 10 hours a day (50-60 hours a week) to complete the entire package in time for the November test. If you are planning on taking the January test and don't mind spending the money, then I would suggest getting the Ultimate Plus package. I believe it gives you access for over a year and everything that he has to offer is available to you. You can just do the sections that you need the most help on for the November test, then complete the program in time for January. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

@beconfident said:
    @lsat_kp20 Thank you for your helpful comment. I am taking both the November and January test. So should I just purchase the Ultimate and then upgrade after the November test?

I have Ultimate+ and here is what the 7sage study schedule looks like
    Even considering that the ultimate package has less material (38 preptests vs 84). It's unreasonable to even try and complete the entire program in 9 weeks. Most people here will recommend 1 PT per week and it would take at least 4 PTs a week to complete the ultimate package by November, never mind the core curriculum.
    Coming from a 130/148, this person can't afford to skimp on the fundamentals.

https://7sage.com/how-many-hours-should-i-study-for-the-lsat-each-week/
    JY says here "30 hours per week is probably the healthiest maximum number of hours for anyone (including those who study LSAT full time with no obligations). It’s impossible to rush or “brute force” the LSAT."

Spending more money won't make you better at the LSAT, only hard, well thought out, work will.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1694 karma

I recommend just taking the cheapest course and then upgrading. Honestly, the starter or premium package more than meets your needs. But if you want to get access to the hard questions, then Ultimate is the way to go. Hard questions are honestly not necessary at your current level though. Additionally, you can always upgrade.

I did the Ultimate+ course in 2 months, so it's definitely doable (Only did a dozen practice tests, but didn't need more PTs). I'm a banker and am use to working 100h+ weeks, and even then, I found it hard to do more than 6 hours a day of LSAT when I started studying full time. The brain just gets fried. I did studied 7 days a week though.

10 karma

@AngusMcGillis I appreciate your comment, it is both realistic and motivational. Im really trying to put forth as much effort as possible. I see your point, the skills that I need to obtain in order to perform well cannot be rush nor learned through "brute force". What do you think is the best way to tackle my situation?

10 karma

@Bamboosprout Thank you for your helpful comment! Was it your first LSAT that you were studying for at the time?

10 karma

@MissChanandler Hi! No, Im worried about how I will score on the test. Thus, I want to make sure I have a second attempt to raise my score, if needed. I am applying for RD, which I believe for most schools, the deadline is March 1st? I wouldn't quote me on the exact date of the deadline.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited September 2018 1694 karma

@beconfident , no. I took a test after doing all the powerscore books and doing 30 PTs, and that gave me a good foundation to do the 7sage course. Otherwise, it probably would have taken me longer.
    @AngusMcGillis has it exactly right with that image. One thing to note though, is when I did my plan, it actually also said 90 hours a week, but about half of that time is for PTs. So technically, I didn't finish 'everything' in two months. But by studying only 45 hours a week, I was only able to finish the CC and do a dozen tests, and that was all I needed at the time. So you can definitely do something similar.
    No matter how motivated and hard working you are, it's hard to say how long it actually take to finish the course. You should try it for a week first (if you still have a trial, or with the starter package), and then see how many hours you actually accomplish (Sometimes, the lesson says 3 hours, but because it's a topic that I'm weak at, it actually takes more than double that. This occurrence is rarely reversed. But I put all the videos on x2 speed, so the effects balanced out in the long run). And use that information to judge which upgrade you should choose.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Normally, I'm a huge proponent of getting the best package you can afford. However, if you absolutely must take the November exam, Starter should be fine. With a score under 150, learning the fundamentals is what matters the most. The Starter package will definitely cover that. Just don't waste the prep tests by doing them untimed without a strategy (you'll learn how to do this properly in the course) and purchase some of the newer ones to practice with.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Also, if you're really studying 12 hours a day, please do not study 7 days a week. Burnout weeks before the test is a nightmare.