Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retaking the Lsat with 7sage (schedule)

Amrina96kAmrina96k Alum Member
edited October 2018 in General 144 karma

Hi,
I took my first lsat in September and did not reach my goal score. I am writing my second lsat on November 17, and would like to increase my score by approx. 10 points. Since I am retaking the lsat, I have already done self-studying by reading books and doing drills, so I am familiar with most of the basic concepts/strategies. My score seems to be stuck at this point, so I don’t think self-studying by just reading and doing practice questions/tests will help me reach my target score. This is why I am interested in purchasing a 7sage course, maybe the starter passage, to assist me with studying for retaking the lsat. My question is, if I purchase a course with 7sage, what would an effective 1 month study schedule look like? Considering that I have already done the basics while i self-studied for my first LSAT (familiarizing myself with basic strategies, doing drills, few practice tests).

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2018 9377 karma

@aman96sandhu said:
    Hi,
    I took my first lsat in September and did not reach my goal score. I am writing my second lsat on November 17, and would like to increase my score by approx. 10 points. Since I am retaking the lsat, I have already done self-studying by reading books and doing drills, so I am familiar with most of the basic concepts/strategies. My score seems to be stuck at this point, so I don’t think self-studying by just reading and doing practice questions/tests will help me reach my target score. This is why I am interested in purchasing a 7sage course, maybe the starter passage, to assist me with studying for retaking the lsat. My question is, if I purchase a course with 7sage, what would an effective 1 month study schedule look like? Considering that I have already done the basics while i self-studied for my first LSAT (familiarizing myself with basic strategies, doing drills, few practice tests).

Hi @aman96sandhu,

I would like more information from you. By increasing 10 points, are you talking about140 to 150, 150 to 160, or 160 to 170? Also, could you post your current PrepTest score average, your Blind Review score average, and your average score breakdown (e.g. LG: -5, LR: -8, -8, RC: -10)? Without knowing where you are, we can't say really say anything.

For example, to get a 150, you usually have to get about 57 questions correct. It's 74-75 questions for a 160. That's about 17-point (raw score) difference.
    https://7sage.com/lsat-score-percentile-conversion/

Good luck, and please post more information so that 7Sagers can answer your question :smile:

• Amrina96kAmrina96k Alum Member
    144 karma

Hi,
    I apologize for not mentioning enough details. So by increasing 10 points I'm talking about 150 to a 160. I was scoring around 150 during my pts, ended up with a 149 on my test in September. My score seemed to be stuck around the 150 range, 148 149 150. My score breakdown for the September test was -14 on RC(always my worst section), -7 & -12 on both LR sections, and -13 on LG. While doing practice tests prior to the test date, my score breakdowns were similar to this, I just couldn't get past the 150 range. That's why I'm interested in trying 7sage while preparing for my next Lsat, I just need assistance in developing an effective study schedule (for my situation) and would like to know which package/course would be the most effective in my situation.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2018 9377 karma

@Amrina96k said:
    Hi,
    I apologize for not mentioning enough details. So by increasing 10 points I'm talking about 150 to a 160. I was scoring around 150 during my pts, ended up with a 149 on my test in September. My score seemed to be stuck around the 150 range, 148 149 150. My score breakdown for the September test was -14 on RC(always my worst section), -7 & -12 on both LR sections, and -13 on LG. While doing practice tests prior to the test date, my score breakdowns were similar to this, I just couldn't get past the 150 range. That's why I'm interested in trying 7sage while preparing for my next Lsat, I just need assistance in developing an effective study schedule (for my situation) and would like to know which package/course would be the most effective in my situation.

Do you happen to know what your Blind Review score is? (Please see the first link below if you don't know what Blind Review is) Can you score a lot higher when there is no time pressure?

First, I don't mean to be a downer, but going from a 149 to a 160 in a month is unfortunately highly unlikely. It is possible, but going through 7Sage curriculum takes more than a month.

But if I were you, I would maximize LG points by "foolproofing" for a month (Please refer to the second link below).

If you think you are familiar with most of the basic concepts, you don't have to buy 7Sage. But scoring in that range (high 140s to 150) suggests that you haven't mastered the fundamentals (basic concepts).

I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I'm speaking from my own experience. I had taken the administered LSAT before starting 7Sage. I self-studied using many books (Manhattan Prep, PowerScore, LSAT Trainer) and also took a PowerScore weekend course before purchasing 7Sage Starter. I thought I had mastered the basic concepts by doing all those books and actually sitting in a classroom. But turns out I didn't. For me, 7Sage curriculum made it all clear.

So I do recommend 7Sage Starter if you want to work on fundamentals again.

Here is what I recommend:
    If you haven't been Blind Reviewing, I recommend starting it now. If your Blind Review (BR) score is already 170+, I think you don't need to purchase 7Sage because you do have basic understanding.

1. The Blind Review: How to correctly prep for LSAT (Part 1)
      https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/

2. How to get a perfect score on the LSAT Logic Games (Fool-proof Method)
      https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

Good luck! :smile: