Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lawgic, my most hated fundamental

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌

I’ve been through the CC, and I’ve gone back and repeated basic and advanced logic. I’m still losing a massive amount of points because I’m having trouble translating English to logical statements. What did you guys do to master this?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

I drilled relentlessly, I also memorized the conditional operators while constantly putting my skills to the test up against questions. 49-2-7 is a great question, there are many others like it.
    7Sage's CC is replete with drills to help with this goal. That was my proximate or local goal, my ultimate or longer term goal was to try to understand the relationships beyond mere memorization. I found myself translating things I would read or hear and still do. So for instance when Marc Antony says of the murdered Caesar:
    When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:

He's saying that the presence of the poor crying was sufficient to produce in his friend tears, sadness. This is in the context of his speech an admirable trait in a leader.

Anyways, drill and try to understand the relationships indicated by the conditional operators on a deeper level, the activity of learning will be a bit more enjoyable!

David

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    I drilled relentlessly, I also memorized the conditional operators while constantly putting my skills to the test up against questions. 49-2-7 is a great question, there are many others like it.
    7Sage's CC is replete with drills to help with this goal. That was my proximate or local goal, my ultimate or longer term goal was to try to understand the relationships beyond mere memorization. I found myself translating things I would read or hear and still do. So for instance when Marc Antony says of the murdered Caesar:
    When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:

He's saying that the presence of the poor crying was sufficient to produce in his friend tears, sadness. This is in the context of his speech an admirable trait in a leader.

Anyways, drill and try to understand the relationships indicated by the conditional operators on a deeper level, the activity of learning will be a bit more enjoyable!

David

I’ll take your advice and go back and work the drills. Thanks!