Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to stay motivated when 2nd attempt score is worse than 1st attempt

cathy072015cathy072015 Free Trial Member
in General 8 karma

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this situation, and how they went about motivating themselves to keep studying and retake the test a 3rd time. I took the Feb 2018 and Oct 2018 LSAT in Australia, and aiming for admission into an Australian uni Feb 2020.

Both of my tests are nondisclosed, so I can’t actually check where I’m going wrong (either for this year only all the tests have become non-disclosed, or in the future all Australian tests will be non-disclosed, I’m not sure.) Anyway, I usually struggle the most with LR, but I panicked during the Oct LSAT and couldn’t solve the LGs properly, even though in my opinion they would have been easy to solve if under other circumstances.

So, as a result I dropped 3 LSAT score marks, but dropped a massive 9 percentile marks. Both marks aren’t near my desired168+.

Any tips on perhaps how to go about improving, staying motivated, and adapting to the changed LSAT style of questions in LR and LG?

Thank you!

Comments

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

Take a bit of time away from LSAT and law schools considerations to recollect yourself and remember why you're doing this in the first place. Believe that you can improve, and that the lower score is just bad luck.
    Wish you the best =)