Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC how are people getting these correct?!

TrustingGodTrustingGod Free Trial Member
in General 240 karma

Even when I'm blind reviewing my RC sections I'm still getting a lot wrong. I look for the answers on Manhattan Prep and Powerscore, and it seems like even they can't give an accurate explanation as to why an answer is correct. So how are people doing well on RC when some of these answers are unexplainable?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Do you have an example of a question you had a tough time with someone could walk you through?

A lot of it really is just practice with the right strategy. I see you joined 2 months ago and I know that after 2 months I was pretty bad at RC. On my June 07' diagnostic I missed 5 and I stayed missing 5-7 for 4-5 months until I did about 20 sections worth of RC using JY's memory method.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

The answers are not unexplainable, haha, but they do hinge on sometimes shockingly subtle levels of detail. You've got to find the specific word/s that the AC hinges on and really think about it. What is the difference between an "example" and a "demonstration?" Things like this are easy to confuse, but RC is all about these. To get good at this, you're going to have to figure them out on your own. Don't turn to outside sources until after you've given your best effort to crack it. Treat it like a puzzle and be stubborn about solving it before opening up the solution to check the answers.