Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character and Fitness

PrincessPrincess Alum Member
in General 821 karma

I am a bit confused and I hope someone will be able to help me. I did receive a traffic violation which was reduced. Would I still have to say yes to the following:

Have you ever been charged with and/or convicted of a criminal offense, including any matters that may have been expunged, or received anything other than an honorable discharge from the military?

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

When in doubt, call the admissions office. They are the best source of direction for these types of questions.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I think so. Some schools will add "except minor traffic offenses", but without that I think it's best to err on the side of disclosure.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

If it doesn’t say “except minor traffic violations” then yes you do have to disclose. I don’t think any school expects parking tickets thankfully.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Generally yes. Unless it says something like "except minor traffic violations," then you are expected to disclose everything. And as it mentions, that even includes expunged charges and if you've been charged, regardless of conviction. I had to disclose a few speeding tickets. It's not a big deal. Schools won't look on minor traffic offenses negatively, but they will look at it negatively if you don't disclose them.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Thank you everyone for your help!