Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Undergrads: Do you feel the stress?

PurrrrisprudencePurrrrisprudence Alum Member
in General 49 karma

Do you feel the weight of the looming deadline of the LSAT? Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed with trying to maintain good grades while studying for the LSAT? None of my other friends can truly relate, and I would really just like to know that I am not alone. I normally don't post on here, but I just want to know that I am not the only one that feels such intense pressure to preform well. I feel like when I'm not studying for the LSAT, I am studying for school. The amount of work and study time isn't what is stressing me out; but rather, its the feeling that I have never studied enough in one day. Can anybody else relate to any of these things?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

You're not alone. Taking the LSAT right when school is crazy busy isn't easy.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Omg, yes. I am in a very overloaded semester (16 cr hours), and so far, I have been maintaining a 4.33 average. I can't stress enough how hard it is to keep up enough to get that. Sixteen credits of 4.33 can push my gpa just a tiny smidge more, and it's already my strong point. The LSAT, I can redo. I can try again next year. This? One time shot. Sometimes you have to prioritize. And it sucks. November will be written off as an experiment (last testing, I was at burn out. This testing, I have had extensive, involuntary "rest". Let's see what happens), and I'll probably just try again after I'm done with my bachelors. I have another overloaded semester in Spring, full of difficult classes due to a last minute addition of a minor, before I'm through. I wont be retesting again until Summer or next Fall, when I actually have time and sanity enough to really do some hard core LSAT study and kill that test. Right now, I just fit in practice or lessons here and there when I can.

I felt really guilty about this, but the relief of not carrying both and excelling in grades has been nice. Did I mention I also work and have a family? Yeah. Don't carry so much that you crack and drop it all. As everyone keeps saying, this is a marathon, not a sprint.
    <3 Hang in there, and know that you are definitely not alone in this struggle!