Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Schedule Changes

edited November 2018 in General 8 karma

Hello fellow 7Sagers,

I wanted to make a quick post to see if anyone else is, or has been, in the same situation I am and could throw out any suggestions.

I am scheduled to take the January 2019 LSAT. I have completed the entire curriculum at this point in time.
With a few months remaining, all I have left to do is take practice exams and get comfortable with the exam itself now
that I am much more comfortable with the material.

The key issues at hand: I work full time (think 9-6), part-time certain days of the week after my full time job, and work out for at least an hour everyday. During the curriculum portion, I was able to get a sizable amount of studying done in-between breaks and lulls at work. This allowed me to go home and study for an hour or two to recap the day.

Now that I'm going to need 3-4 hours at a given time to take the practice exams, the small breaks at work won't ideally suffice, does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to try and be productive during the week? During the weekends, I can take the time to get at least 1, ideally 2, exams in.

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

You can start out by doing smaller 35min timed sections + drilling down weak areas during the week and then a full-length PT on the weekends. I think it's most important to spend a substantial amount of time reviewing your weak areas. At some point in my prep I had done hundreds of questions, but didn't really stop to thoroughly dissect the questions I got wrong and then go back and reflect on what I learned from them. I use google slides to re-write LR questions and note what elements about the stimulus threw me off. Did I gloss over a key transitional word? What part of the nuanced phrasing did I have trouble understanding? I record all of these and review them over and over. It gives me a clear picture of the holes in my understanding and the subtle traps I've been falling for.