Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Picking up speed!!!!!

ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
in General 56 karma

Hey, what is everyone doing to try and improve speed on LG. It seems I can get through three and the fourth is always a fill in. I have in no way mastered the LG section and probably never will, but I have the basics down. It seems when I pick up speed I miss things.This also happens on RC sometimes. Thanks!!!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Practicing a lot of games is the best way to get faster. There's not really a short cut or a better way other than practicing and really understanding the logic. Foolproofing and carefully going through the CC is pretty much guaranteed to make you faster at LG, but it can take a while

• ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
    56 karma

Thanks for the suggestion, may I ask what "cc" is?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2018 3256 karma

Core Curriculum :)

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    88 karma

I've really struggled with speed on LG, too -- but the times I've been able to get through the entire section with high accuracy are when I skip questions and even entire games and then come back to them. Even if I'm not technically stuck but I feel like a game is taking me too long, I'll move to the next one and then loop back. I find when I come back to a question or game that's hard for me it always looks easier the second time I see it.

It feels scary to move on from a game when you've already put a lot of work into the set up, though -- so I'm not as disciplined about applying this advice to myself as I would like!

• ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
    56 karma

Yea I have skipped around on a few PTs, but I never thought of doing it for that reason. I will give it a shot! Thanks!