Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡Official November 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread⚡

123468

Comments

  • Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

    Feel more and more hopeless every day thinking of those logical reasoning sections, anyone feel the same way? :( Were they especially hard or was it just me...?

  • parkervukichparkervukich Member
    82 karma

    @Sarah_9900 said:
    Feel more and more hopeless every day thinking of those logical reasoning sections, anyone feel the same way? :( Were they especially hard or was it just me...?

    I feel the same way. For me it was like when the proctor said begin,I just was reading but not really understanding like I would be in PTs. It was just like running purely on my subconscious. It was strange and I think I did poorly on the LR. The LG and RC was much easier.

  • mikeelliottmikeelliott Alum Member
    31 karma

    @Sarah_9900 said:
    Feel more and more hopeless every day thinking of those logical reasoning sections, anyone feel the same way? :( Were they especially hard or was it just me...?

    I felt the same, at least for the first LR. There were a series of about 5-10 questions which were totally opaque to me, I read the stimulus for each of these questions for a long time and I was ascertaining nothing. It ended up eating a sizable amount of my time and I felt rushed for the remaining questions on that section. That's never happened to me before. I felt I did well on the other LR, and I felt that the RC and LG were comparatively easier to the first time I wrote the test. But that first LR section may have spoiled the whole test for me and I'm extremely disappointed because of it. Knowing I may have to write the test a third time because of that section is killing me.

  • HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

    Any word out there on what the curve might be?

  • CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

    What day is today? Today is 12 days until our score comes out. Tomorrow is not Tuesday. Tomorrow is 11 days until our score comes out

  • SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    edited December 2018 323 karma

    @Nov2018Taker What day is today? Muahahahaha! One week to go (assuming they don't release the scores early or late, both of which are a possibility).

    I was on the phone with a customer service rep the other day and she asked me if I had a pen to write down a confirmation number she was about to give me. I grabbed the first notepad and pen I could find and opened it to a page ready to copy and there it was... My last practice Logic Game before the test... Seems like it was months ago. 😂

  • CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

    @Supernovice your calendar is correct. Today is 7 days until our score comes out

  • TeaspoonTeaspoon Alum Member
    77 karma

    So... Do we obsessively refresh at midnight on Friday... Or do score releases happen around midday, evening, by midnight on Saturday??

  • HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

    @Teaspoon said:
    So... Do we obsessively refresh at midnight on Friday... Or do score releases happen around midday, evening, by midnight on Saturday??

    They should start releasing scores Saturday morning. That's how September scores went.

  • btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

    I dreamed I got the email with my score and I was debating on whether to open it or not. I want to come up with a plan to make sure I'm ok if I am disappointed--the most likely scenario...

  • AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

    @btownsquee said:
    I dreamed I got the email with my score and I was debating on whether to open it or not. I want to come up with a plan to make sure I'm ok if I am disappointed--the most likely scenario...

    Realize that you can always retake, especially since there is no cap on tries now. Think of it as a live practice run if it didn't go well, and realize very, very few of us ever got the score we wanted the first time. When I went in for November, a number of folks were on their third run there.

  • TeaspoonTeaspoon Alum Member
    77 karma

    @btownsquee I'm trying to do the same. Each time someone asks me how I felt about it, I clam up. I hate repeating it over and over again... My superstitious side fluctuates between "if I underestimate my score, I'm putting out bad karma and will likely get a bad score" and "if I overestimate my score, I'm definitely jinxing it".

    Even though it's been over for weeks it's hard to accept that the score is now out of my hands.

  • Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

    @Teaspoon said:
    @btownsquee I'm trying to do the same. Each time someone asks me how I felt about it, I clam up. I hate repeating it over and over again... My superstitious side fluctuates between "if I underestimate my score, I'm putting out bad karma and will likely get a bad score" and "if I overestimate my score, I'm definitely jinxing it".

    Even though it's been over for weeks it's hard to accept that the score is now out of my hands.

    Ahh same! I'm battling with signing up for January before seeing my score because I feel like I'll be sending out bad vibes, so it's just sitting in my cart till Saturday.

  • Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

    For those of you stressing about your score keep in mind it's all about perspective. Next year will bring multiple opportunities to improve. I've already come to terms with the idea of delaying a cycle. (obviously I don't want to) but because I've accepted the possibility I'm very at ease.

    Benefits of delaying include: improving score, applying on the earliest possible date, saving money for seat deposit fees and trips to visit law schools, more time to do research on schools/scholarships, more time to work on softs/polish applications, less stressful application process. Oh and did I mention a chance to improve your score? haha sounds like a sweet deal to me.

    I'm aware not everyone is able to delay. But if it's something you haven't considered because you don't want to wait or because your family is pressuring you to go straight through, it's worth considering!

  • btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

    @"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    For those of you stressing about your score keep in mind it's all about perspective. Next year will bring multiple opportunities to improve. I've already come to terms with the idea of delaying a cycle. (obviously I don't want to) but because I've accepted the possibility I'm very at ease.

    Benefits of delaying include: improving score, applying on the earliest possible date, saving money for seat deposit fees and trips to visit law schools, more time to do research on schools/scholarships, more time to work on softs/polish applications, less stressful application process. Oh and did I mention a chance to improve your score? haha sounds like a sweet deal to me.

    I'm aware not everyone is able to delay. But if it's something you haven't considered because you don't want to wait or because your family is pressuring you to go straight through, it's worth considering!

    Great things to keep in mind!! Thanks :) I will probably do my retake in March/June which gives me time to hopefully be scoring at my goal score by then.

    My plan is just to open the email when I get it and proceed with life as normal that day. My goal is to finish my third draft of my personal statement on Saturday. I might also go get a facial since that is relaxing and gives me a quiet environment just to think...

    To prep for the next time I take this test, I will be taking practice sections and exams in less than ideal environments--coffee shops, libraries with kids running around, etc.

  • Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

    @btownsquee said:
    To prep for the next time I take this test, I will be taking practice sections and exams in less than ideal environments--coffee shops, libraries with kids running around, etc.

    I HIGHLY recommend testing in coffee shops. The first few practice tests in loud environments might be extremely difficult and frustrating. I'm easily distracted so at any given moment my ears would decide to listen to conversations around me or the TV if I was at home. But after a handful of PT's in conditions like that, I was able to completely drown out any noise around me.

  • Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    edited December 2018 138 karma

    I woke up in a sweat this morning because I dreamt I got 52 on the LSAT. Not even the 52th percentile, but 52. Is that even possible??? HOLY MOLY that was scary

  • Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

    @"Llama Whisperer" said:
    I woke up in a sweat this morning because I dreamt I got 52 on the LSAT. Not even the 52th percentile, but 52. Is that even possible??? HOLY MOLY that was scary

    This made me cackle cause I recently dreamt I got a 16😱 Like what does that even mean?? LSAC needs to get us out of this misery.

  • LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    edited December 2018 743 karma

    Anyone think the scores are coming at 12:01 AM? I’m definitely waiting up

  • parkervukichparkervukich Member
    82 karma

    Haha I don’t know. But this is gonna be a depressing Saturday I have a feeling.

  • Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

    @Louislepauvre said:
    Anyone think the scores are coming at 12:01 AM? I’m definitely waiting up

    I waited up last cycle and nothing happened. They just send out emails at like 6am

  • ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited December 2018 737 karma

    Good luck to all! Hopefully the curve will be generous.

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    I think they will start posting at 9am Eastern Time on Saturday just like they did with July and September LSATs.

  • parkervukichparkervukich Member
    82 karma

    Hey all, this may seem like a stupid question but can someone explain what the curve does in terms of scoring, specifically that is. I just used my raw score conversion after each PT. Is the curve what would determine those 1-2 point changes? If so, the curve then doesn’t seem like that is that big of an impact as people are implying. Thanks for clarifying

  • Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

    @parkervukich said:
    Hey all, this may seem like a stupid question but can someone explain what the curve does in terms of scoring, specifically that is. I just used my raw score conversion after each PT. Is the curve what would determine those 1-2 point changes? If so, the curve then doesn’t seem like that is that big of an impact as people are implying. Thanks for clarifying

    It's just referring to the difficulty of the test. So with a typical test one can miss like -10 and score a 170. With a more forgiving "curve" the test might allow -12 for the same score. It's technically predetermined so it's not really a curve. From what I understand, it has nothing to do with how we performed on the test since LSAC knows exactly how difficult each section is.

  • Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

    Good luck everyone! Try to get some sleep.

    Know that tomorrow, some of you will be ecstatic, others will feel defeated, and others in between. Be kind to yourself and to others. Take time away from the board if you need to. Know that if you’re disappointed, you’re not alone. It’s happened to so many people. Sometimes it’s just the luck of the draw. Take a deep breath, some time for yourself, and then we’ll help you get back to the drawing board if you need to.

    Sending all my good vibes to you guys. <3

  • Nathan FNathan F Legacy Member
    51 karma

    Everything happens for a reason. It will be fine regardless. I will just apply regardless of the score. If I don't get in to my school, I will just knock it out again next cycle. Good luck my friends !!!

  • ReadyForThe99ReadyForThe99 Alum Member
    111 karma

    did anyone get anything yet???

  • parkervukichparkervukich Member
    82 karma

    Nope

  • rchandra60rchandra60 Legacy Member
    19 karma

    Wasn't it supposed to come 9 AM eastern time?

  • franklinajfranklinaj Member
    edited December 2018 2 karma

    Nothing yet. This is the first time I have been on a blog like this and I am glad to see that dealing with those mines seemed to be tough for most of us!

  • ReadyForThe99ReadyForThe99 Alum Member
    111 karma

    the anticipation is unbearable!

  • AlexanderAAlexanderA Alum Member
    edited December 2018 10 karma

    "we now know that November 2018 scores will officially begin coming out around 9:00am EST on December 9th." This was on a powerscore blog front page. The 9th?????

  • CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

    Haven’t received it yet. Although someone just said the curve was -11. We’ll see...

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    I heard that the curve is -10. Can anyone confirm?

  • parkervukichparkervukich Member
    82 karma

    The 9th?! I thought it was this morning

  • CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

    Wow. I read a response from a person who posted on Powerscore.
    Not David

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    Ok so a question was removed!? The total number of questions are 99!?

  • CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

    Just saw that. 99 with a -10

  • rchandra60rchandra60 Legacy Member
    19 karma

    The curve was - 10 because they took out a question to make the total 99 questions ---> this equates to a -11 curve!

  • AlexanderAAlexanderA Alum Member
    10 karma

    Where are ya'll seeing this?

  • rchandra60rchandra60 Legacy Member
    19 karma

    It was on Dave Killoran's Twitter

  • akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9361 karma

    Waaaait, @"pacaque the prediction macaque"'s curve prediction was -10.6, which is pretty accurate!!!! -10 on 99 questions scale and -11 if there were 100 questions. 😱

  • alysonf1026alysonf1026 Alum Member
    44 karma

    I just got my score. So its definitely today. I did much better than I thought. Good luck everyone

  • rchandra60rchandra60 Legacy Member
    19 karma

    Are people getting their scores?? Should I check my email or go on LSAC? ahhh I'm so nervous

  • Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

    Just got mine. Good luck everyone!

  • TeaspoonTeaspoon Alum Member
    edited December 2018 77 karma

    From reddit thread, https://www.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/a44tve/lsat_score_release_protocol_what_to_expect_on/:

    Scores are released in batches over several hours (sometimes as much as 10-12 hours after the first scores come out), so you may not receive your score for quite a while after the first results start rolling in. Don’t panic; you’ll still get it. You might just be in a later batch.

    Scores are NOT released in any sort of order (geographically, alphabetically by first or last name, by test score itself, etc.). So release "patterns" do not exist in any meaningful sense! It's entirely random, and you simply have to be patient and avoid reading anything into your specific delay.

    LSAC cannot tell you your score over the phone, no matter how much you beg. Calling and asking for it won’t yield results—not pre-release, and not during the release process itself—so don't bother.

    Need a distraction!

  • HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

    Does our LSAC account get updated first or do we get an email with our score first?

  • alysonf1026alysonf1026 Alum Member
    44 karma

    I got an email and the email had my score and percentile in it

  • CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

    @akistotle why are questions removed? Is it because too many people got them wrong?

Sign In or Register to comment.