Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't Know How to Improve from Here

HeyaaaaaaHeyaaaaaa Alum Member
in General 99 karma

So I'm done with the core curriculum and have started taking PTs. I've taken about 10 so far and this is what i'm getting
6-10 questions wrong for LR, 0-2 questions wrong for LG, and 0-4 questions wrong for RC
On average I score anywhere between 168-172. I'm aiming for at least a 175 (I know it sounds lofty but I don't have a high GPA) but I'm not sure what I should do. I know I need to work on LR and a bit on RC but I'm not sure how. Any suggestions?

Comments

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Blind review your mistakes in LR. Where are you going wrong? (For me, it was always, “Oh yeah, I missed that one thing.”) identify things you can work on. Drill those things (question types, tricky answer Constructions) answer in the question bank.

Are you going for the attractor answer choice? There’s a great webinar in 7Sage on characteristics of these (aka trap answer choices). That could help too.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

You are in a place where the margins are very thin and its hard to just look at your stats and know exactly where you need to improve. It could be your approach to the harder questions or your form or something else that's making you miss these questions.

I think your range for RC and LG is really good. I hope your average for LG is close to -0 and RC -3 or less. With that said, I think most of your focus needs to be on LR. But what you may need to improve on could be very personal to you. I say this to very few people outright but I think you could really benefit from a tutor. It's weird to say it because I am a tutor myself but I do think you are in a place where you need more personal advice that comes from understanding what you are doing rather than overarching general advice which may not apply to you.

Here is the link for tutoring: http://7sage.com/forums/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1

Feel free to reach the tutors to schedule a free consultation.