Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't want to retake, but I don't know if that makes me a quitter.

tiffany11tiffany11 Member
in General 41 karma

I scored a 161 on October 2020 flex and a 163 June 2021. Don't get me wrong, I'll take any improvement I can get but only seeing a 2 point increase was disheartening after those months of intense studying. I have always been an overachiever and part of me wants to push for round 3 in October, but the other part of me wants to take my score and run. I graduated in may with a 3.87. I currently work full time as a legal assistant and have barely anytime to study anyways. I have been considering part time law school and looking into t35 schools. I am just not sure what my next move should be.

Comments

• Determined_-1Determined_-1 Member
    919 karma

if you have any energy left to give it your all one more time, i dont see why not :) good luck

• C.J. GheemC.J. Gheem Alum Member
    97 karma

I will accept 163 and move on. I would enjoy my extra time with my significant others and take care of my other priorities in my life, such as health, habit, travel, reading, family, friends, relationships, and spiritual perspectives since I live only once.

• csharm002csharm002 Member
    352 karma

Hi there! Fellow overachiever here. I can totally understand the drive to test again and score higher, however, I would only do so if that's what you really want. I would weigh the pros and cons, and also consider the pros and cons of your current score and application. If you're currently working full time, it already sounds like you're off to an awesome start with your resume. Great GPA, work experience, and a higher (no matter how much higher) LSAT score than your first one. I know it can be frustrating to sit there and constantly play the "what if" game in your head, but whatever you choose to do, I believe you're already in a great spot!

• mlee960110mlee960110 Member
    16 karma

Given the amount of effort you have put in, seeing your grade improving only two points should have been very disappointing and demoralizing. If you think you are truly happy with your score, then there is no reason not to move on. Although there may be people who truly enjoy studying LSAT, but normally, studying for standardized tests is not a pleasant experience and should be kept as short as possible in my opinion.

On the other hand, since you identify yourself as an overachiever, I would like to tell you that nothing is impossible, if you have a will to do. I've been working at a tech startup full time for three years since my graduation. Normally I work from 9 to 7, but during the crunch time, I work nearly 55-60 hours a week. I initially thought that it would not be possible to dedicate much time in studying for LSAT. But since I began preparing for this test in January, I have been able to study 4 hours on every weekday consistently. It is very tiring indeed, but it was possible. When I first took my diagnostic in January, I got around 160, untimed. My RC was a total disaster. Now, I am consistently getting 175+ on timed PTs, and I think the pain I had to go through was worth it. And I believe, you will feel the same.

Whatever your decision is, I wish you will be happy with it. Great job on your hard work, and if you can, keep pushing yourself!