Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheat Sheet for Basic Core Curriculum Concepts

edited November 2018 in Study Guides/Cheat Sheets 23 karma

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GJ43UhwDyD00NFmvjIDz7uWoaPyzU3QdayQzz4VqD3A/edit?usp=sharing

It can be downloaded or simply viewed at the link above. It helps me keep the core curriculum fresh in my mind, hopefully it can help someone else too. Let me know if there are any errors or if you have any questions.

Comments

• 109 karma

Thank you.

• HappyCamperHappyCamper Member
    9 karma

Thank so much for sharing :)
    Thought I would follow the flow and leave my question type guide here.
    Questions Types Guide :

Valid Argument
    If the premise is true, then the conclusion must also be true - valid arguments make ZERO assumptions

Main Point Questions (MP)
    Asks what the MP of the argument is - everything else will support the statement directly or indirectly
    Eliminate answer choices that reflect the premise or the context
    If you see THUS in the last sentence - most likely a trick

Most Strongly Supported Questions (MSS)
    The answer will have SOME support, the rest will have no support whatsoever
    The conclusion in tucked away in the answer choices ( not in stimulus)
    Watch word choices carefully ( ex. More effective, more strictly) and claims about increase ( makes more, increases) that are not supported by the stimulus

Assumption Questions
    The premise will be left out of the argument - aka “forgotten premise”

Weaken Questions
    Take away the support that the premise gives to the conclusion, thus make premise less supportive of conclusion. Weaken the evidence/support.
    DO NOT attack or contradict the premise- demonstrate that despite the premise being true it is way less supported by conclusion with this answer choice/evidence

Strengthen Questions
    Add information that will make the premise more supportive of the conclusion
    Strengthen or add a new idea/evidence that makes premise more related to conclusion
    For strengthen/weaken questions the right answer choice should be able to be negated and used on the other side.

• edited November 2018 23 karma

@HappyCamper

Love it, thanks! I made it a habit to read over the LR Question flow charts before doing a section, the more content the merrier. Here is a similar LR strategy guide another user shared on 7Sage that you can use as well: https://quizlet.com/142715075/lsat-lr-strategies-by-question-type-flash-cards/