Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How has LSAT (especially LR) changed across the prep tests?

chicago234chicago234 Alum Member
in General 163 karma

My friend told me that LR has changed drastically since the earlier prep tests and became very different around prep test 80 or so. Anyone know more info about this? Is this accurate?
How important are the earlier tests if the LSAT has changed?

Comments

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    edited December 2018 261 karma

From my own experience, it seems like PT80+ LR hinges on more subtle logical errors. For example, there might be two flaws in a Flaw Question, and your job is to keep track of what the primary flaw at issue is (and a trap answer will address the minor flaw). Another thing they seem to like doing these days, based off questions I've gotten wrong, is create a very attractive trap answer that is incorrect because of one simple word. Necessary Assumption questions seem less "attackable" by way of the negation test, and there are less cookie cutter strengthen/weaken questions.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    edited December 2018 1058 karma

Whatever one may say, LR from PT 1 to 20 needs to be bitch slapped hard. I find them to be SIGNIFICANTLY more challenging because of the way both stimuli and ACs were written back in the Clinton days. Even though PT 70+s hinges on subtlety and nuances, they are comprehensible and clearly presented at least.