Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought I was all done with listening to JY's voice...

teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
in Off-topic 774 karma

and then my husband decided to sign-up and study for the LSAT.

Congrats to everyone who took November. Onward and upwards!

Comments

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

Haha does he want to be a lawyer too?

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

Hi @ChaimtheGreat ! Yes...yes he does. It looks like we will have several years of student poverty. Yay!

I can hear JY talking about main point questions in the other room. Oh my. The memories!

• Ule S. GebUle S. Geb Member
    34 karma

Hi @teamteamvicster, congratulations on your win and commiserations for your several more(?) years of student poverty.
    I left long haul trucking last year for full time LSAT prep' and am now looking at sitting March. I am encouraged to the point of considering taking a mandarin language course starting and ending before the March LSAT.
    The only other thing I am doing right now is part time work as a truck driver 8.5 hour days. The work is tiresome tho' and takes me a day to recover back to test taking form.
    Would you strongly recommend not taking the language course, strongly recommend it & why? I havent been in school for a while and am afraid of overtaxing myself.

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    774 karma

@"Ule S. Geb" Someday after we pay off student loans, the puppies can eat the fancy kibble...

Interesting. What are your motivations for studying Mandarin and could this be accomplished after the March LSAT? I say this because LSAT prepping is time-consuming and exhausting, especially after working a full day. Language learning is also time-consuming and exhausting. When I was studying Russian and Farsi, my studies were a full-time job. My brain physically ached afterwards. I can't imagine doing both LSAT prep and language study especially before the March exam! Your brain needs time to recover and to digest what you are learning.

I sincerely wish you luck and would suggest to focus on March LSAT and enroll in a Mandarin course afterwards. Middlebury has great summer institutes! Of course, this is just my opinion and experience, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Ule S. GebUle S. Geb Member
    34 karma

Hi @teamteamvicster! My motivations for Mandarin study are diplomatic. I am impressed that the benefit will be realized once I am fluent.
    I really appreciate your advice. I will follow it.