Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!!!!I don't know how can i break 150

916329363916329363 Member
edited December 2018 in General 15 karma

I've prepared lsat for two months, i studied all the 7sage courses, some of the trainer courses. But i still couldn't see any improvement on my test score. I was stuck under 150 in my recent timed 4 PT. Without time limit, my PT score is between 155-160. My friend suggest me to take 1 PT everyday and review it. I can do that, but i couldn't see any improvement if keep doing so.

LR is my frustrated part. I watched all the course and thought i can improve a lot. But the truth is I can only get 8-13 right of each LR section. Meanwhile i will left 5-6 questions unfinished and even not read. So, the skip strategy almost doesn't applies to me. Since no matter how i skip, i still couldn't finish the questions. Most of the time, when i read the stimulus, i need to refer back to former sentences over and over again to understand the stimulus. It costs me a lot of time. Blind review is also let me angry. First, there always five choices i haven't review and to be wrong. Second even when i reviewed the questions, there're still 3-5 my reviewed answer choice still be wrong. I can understand all the explanations through video or discussion forum. But next time, i still be wrong which make me hopeless.

RC is frustrated as well. Sometimes, i can get 12-14 right this section with a whole passage left unread. In the beginning, i tried to read and whole passage before answering the questions, but it usually take 8 minutes to read each passage and turn out to be a lower correction rate. Now, i skip all the details only read the core sentences, it takes less time, but i still cannot finish the last passages.

Game is bit less than the other two sections. I can get 15-21 right in this section. There's no game i cannot solve after i watched the video. However, there are three big problems. First, i can solve doesn't mean i won't stuck. I stuck a lot on most of the games.
Second, i habitually misread or interpret the stimulus and choose the wrong answers. As a result, i miss 3-4 questions every section in this way. Third, when i try to slow down and make sure my understanding is right, i spent a lot of time and only deduct the wrong questions down to 2-3 of each section. And the result is i may not have time to proceed the last game.

Another problem is i have little sense of the time. Sometimes i feel i was fast, and only stuck a little. The truth is I'm too slow. Anyone can help me a little more about any of the question i met. I'm not clever, but i'm very diligent. And i only aim 150 for the time being.

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

You could not have studied the 7Sage course and some Trainer courses in any useful way in 2 months while taking several PTs. What is your goal score?

My advice is to stop PTing, go through the 7Sage core curriculum thoroughly, and listen to the following webinar for how to proceed after the core curriculum. https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

P.S.

I've been in your shoes. I had no idea how to improve on this test when I started studying and the internet/friends/family were providing all sorts of conflictive (usually unhelpful) advice. 2 years later, I scored a 174 and that was made possible by 7Sage materials and this community.

You can improve on this test and this community will help you. This process is a marathon not a spring. Hang in there!

• 916329363916329363 Member
    edited December 2018 15 karma

Thank you, my goal is 172 next Jan, but it seems too far away. I'll try to be more objective and strong.> @NotMyName said:

P.S.

I've been in your shoes. I had no idea how to improve on this test when I started studying and the internet/friends/family were providing all sorts of conflictive (usually unhelpful) advice. 2 years later, I scored a 174 and that was made possible by 7Sage materials and this community.

You can improve on this test and this community will help you. This process is a marathon not a spring. Hang in there!

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@916329363 said:
    Thank you, my goal is 172 next Jan, but it seems too far away. I'll try to be more objective and strong.> @NotMyName said:

P.S.

172 by January as in January 2020? Good timeline. This test MOST DEFINITELY tests your endurance and patience. It takes a long time especially if you started below 150. Stop PTing right now and do not rush.