Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transcript Issue

How long does it take for LSAC to process international transcripts?

It's been over two months for me. Two long months riddled with complications and no proper responses. I sent in my transcripts and heard back weeks later about them needing my degree certificate as well. Sent that in urgently under a week and emailed them to check if they had gotten it since I hadn't heard back. They said they're unable to answer since they receive lots of documents every day and that I should wait for the transcript to be processed to my file. Three weeks pass by again and I mail them asking how much longer I need to wait. To which I get a reply, days later, that they're still waiting for my degree certificate! I emailed them about the confusion, to which there was no reply so I called them up and after a long, gruelling conversation I was told they've received my degree certificate they just can't seem to locate it. They were supposed to get back to me today and they didn't.

Looks like my application's slated for January now. This is so disappointing.

Any international student listening, how was your experience?

Comments

• H96 J.DH96 J.D Alum Member
    142 karma

I mailed my Graduate transcripts from University of Florida and it took 14 days for LSAC to receive them. i was nervous the whole time. so i'm not sure about international transcripts. i would say call their call center and see what happened.

• prernafaithprernafaith Free Trial Member
    59 karma

Sent my international transcript weeks ago, it still hasn't been processed! :(

• MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member
    350 karma

Mine took about a month in total. Sent transcripts and once they reached the LSAC (signed for by some LSAC official) it took them about two-three weeks to update that they have indeed received them and then up to four weeks for the evaluation.

If it helps, I haven't submitted a degree certificate either, I have something called as a provisional degree certificate which is some stopgap. My univ takes a few months to generate a degree certificate.

So the total process took maybe 2 months?

• amicuslsatamicuslsat Alum Member
    178 karma

I'm so worried about missing deadlines. The last date for a lot of schools in my list is February 1st/2nd. :(